Password:

Forgot your password?
A To Do ... or Need Help With List

A To Do ... or Need Help With List
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

This suggestion could get pretty complicated ... not sure where to stop and start with it ... but in general terms, it would be nice to have a place where people can go to 1. See what other people in the guild need to do, or what the guild needs to do ... IE Run Instance X or Farm resource Y ...

The big ???s are how much of it do you code, and how much of it do you leave open to people typing in random garbage that you might not want the guild to focus on ...

At it's simplest, you would just go there, because you need to run Shadow Lab for your Kara key, and type in : Need Shadow Lab Group. At it's most complicated you would select Instance, then Shadow Lab, then Kara Key .. and then be able to add a little note specific to what you need.

The more complicated approach would be good as it would allow you to group requests people make together ... and cross reference priests who need their D3 shoulders, and people who need a kara key ... but it then becomes a question of how do you handle more random ... less specific requests ...

Anyway, would prolly be good to get a dialog going about it on the forums here if you are at all interested in implementing something like this.

--
Quote by dj
This suggestion could get pretty complicated ... not sure where to stop and start with it ... but in general terms, it would be nice to have a place where people can go to 1. See what other people in the guild need to do, or what the guild needs to do ... IE Run Instance X or Farm resource Y ...

The big ???s are how much of it do you code, and how much of it do you leave open to people typing in random garbage that you might not want the guild to focus on ...

At it's simplest, you would just go there, because you need to run Shadow Lab for your Kara key, and type in : Need Shadow Lab Group. At it's most complicated you would select Instance, then Shadow Lab, then Kara Key .. and then be able to add a little note specific to what you need.

The more complicated approach would be good as it would allow you to group requests people make together ... and cross reference priests who need their D3 shoulders, and people who need a kara key ... but it then becomes a question of how do you handle more random ... less specific requests ...

Anyway, would prolly be good to get a dialog going about it on the forums here if you are at all interested in implementing something like this.

Set up the kara key as a key/attunement. Then your guildies will be able to check it off if they have it.

You can also make threads to help organize ppl who need to get certain things done. I.E. Make a Karazan thread and start adding posts telling guild members who do not have a key for kara to get their asses in gear.

you can peek at the roster (filtered by mains) to see who does and does not yet have a kara key.

--
I agree with Sachmo's points above. You don't need a new system to do what the forums/guides already allow in my opinion.

If you want a guild agenda type things. This seems to me like a good place and stuff to put a Guild Goals guide up for people to read and understand what the FOCUS and GOALS of the guild are.

For people that need help or an obvious over site that guild officers note it is very easy to make a post and say "There seem to be a lack of members raid ready for Karazhan. Please ensure your Key/Attunement status is updated on your profiles and post here if you are stuck at a step and in need of help".

On our site I created a tag specifically for making a post saying "Help Wanted". It has worked really well so far with our users that actually use all the tools available to them to get groups setup to get runs completed and keys done.

Also as far as gear goes. Each Character profile at the bottom has a section called Wanted Gear. Each player can go to each character they have and enter the gear they want here. This will let you see what Priest not only need the D3 shoulders but if they even want it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
The thread tags idea is interesting, but I still think it would be nice to have a more straight up version of it. We now basically have this information spread out in many different places. Guides, Forums, Key lists, Gear Lists, private messages ... and no real way to cross reference or gather all of that information. If it's too hard or not important enough ... I guess I will work around it.

--

[Back to Index]