Password:

Forgot your password?
Itemlinks / html Question

Itemlinks / html Question
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

So ... i've run into an issue combining bbcodes and html ... if I set things up as a guide, I can't get the tables to look the way I want ... basically because they won't span to 100% like you can set an html table to do ... and if I set them in as custom pages using html ... I can't put item links in? Or is there a way to put item links into html?

--
Quote by dj
So ... i've run into an issue combining bbcodes and html ... if I set things up as a guide, I can't get the tables to look the way I want ... basically because they won't span to 100% like you can set an html table to do ... and if I set them in as custom pages using html ... I can't put item links in? Or is there a way to put item links into html?

Ok, I "think" you're talking about PHP code, not bbcodes. As for the item links, etc:

Anything that is generated by a PHP tag (ex. <!-- System:Title -- is dynamic so you can't directly change it. However, it IS generating HTML, so you can indirectly change it using the CSS sheet. The easiest way to find out what to do is to populate the page, and then VIEW SOURCE. The View Source will show you the PHP generated HTML, and when you find the right HTML tag, look at its class (ex. class=MenuChoice). On the CSS sheet you'll find a matching Class. It will look like this:

EX:

.MenuChoice {
Font-Family: arial;
Color: #FF0000;
}

You can add new CSS values, or change any values currently there. The value you would want is: Width: 100%. Keep in mind, MenuChoice is just an example, and not necessarily the one you want.

The pure popup links aren't available through the HTML (like in a static page as you're asking). However, it's not a bad idea to provide some kind of functionality like that, I suspect.

Give me some time to think about that, I can probably do something to accommodate.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
The pure popup links aren't available through the HTML (like in a static page as you're asking). However, it's not a bad idea to provide some kind of functionality like that, I suspect.

Give me some time to think about that, I can probably do something to accommodate.

Well, it turns out I don't have as much problem with the bbcode stuff as I thought, being that there is enough information that I need to add to each page that it stretches to 100%, like this :

http://www.horizon.dkpsystem.com/guide.php?guideid=3

Whereas what I was trying to do was add item links to pages like this :

http://www.horizon.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=8

Still, it would probably be a somewhat useful feature to allow people to make item links in dynamic pages ...

--

[Back to Index]