Forgot your password?
New Version of GuildBank Mod

New Version of GuildBank Mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3
I have downloaded it only from this site. I will look in those other spots and also try that command to make sure it working. Hopefully i can get it up and running shortly.
Thanks for your help!

I'm sorry you're having so many problems.

After I get the GRSS update launched shortly, I'll add the a debugging command to the GuildBank mod to help with determining if it's running properly.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
yes, it is selected to be loaded. It just doesnt create a guildbank.lua in the WTF folder. Im kind of stumped. is there an ingame command i can type to see some options?

That is one thing I noticed being the way I am. It would be nice if it posted a system message to the chat box when events that were trigged fired and complete. Kind of like

GuildBank: Character and Bag inventory stored!
GuildBank: Profession (Cooking) know recipes stored!

You could even make a warning message to say:
GuildBank: Saved variables will not be written until you logout!

I could add something like /gb enablemessages and /gb disablemessages

For that. Most people wouldn't want to see every time it captures something, because every time you loot something, gain a skill, spend a talent point, etc, it grabs data.

--
yes, it is selected to be loaded. It just doesnt create a guildbank.lua in the WTF folder. Im kind of stumped. is there an ingame command i can type to see some options?

That is one thing I noticed being the way I am. It would be nice if it posted a system message to the chat box when events that were trigged fired and complete. Kind of like

GuildBank: Character and Bag inventory stored!
GuildBank: Profession (Cooking) know recipes stored!

You could even make a warning message to say:
GuildBank: Saved variables will not be written until you logout!

For that. Most people wouldn't want to see every time it captures something, because every time you loot something, gain a skill, spend a talent point, etc, it grabs data.

Right but for supporting people using your mods it is helpful for debugging to know if things are being recorded.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Right but for supporting people using your mods it is helpful for debugging to know if things are being recorded.

No argument from me

--

I've been having an issue with this and just tracked it down to this mod. Silly me... I went mod update crazy and did several at once.

Ah well, in this case I find that there is an ingame hesitation on my character when the mod updates. While this may not be an issue for some it can be for a healer that has sat down to drink and the screen freezes for a second or three while the mod updates your inventory. "Oh no! they pulled another lava pack" I could't figure out why it was happening until I went to sort out my bank and everything took forever just to move things from slot to slot.

So, an on/off command would be very helpful rather than relogging to turn off the mod or /reloadui

Thanks Chops, your product just keeps getting better!

--
For whatever reason that I'm unaware of, I cannot for the life of me get this .lua upload to 'stick' to my guild bank character.

Can you please take a look at it, and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Bankikon is associated with my account, I'm navigating to their character page, and clicking the upload profile button, and filling it with this .lua, and it never updates.

--
-Goth
I'll have a look

--
Tried to upload this one tonight.

Same thing happened. It will update Gothapotamus, but Bankikon remains completely blank. Haven't been able to update our guild bank for a few weeks now. *cry*

Please tell me where I'm messing up so I can get it fixed.

--
-Goth
Tried to upload this one tonight.

Same thing happened. It will update Gothapotamus, but Bankikon remains completely blank. Haven't been able to update our guild bank for a few weeks now. *cry*

Please tell me where I'm messing up so I can get it fixed.

Hey Goth. Where are you uploading from? Sham and Axe kept having a similar problem when were Templars. Try using the admin link "GuildBank Profile Uploader" Chops if you have any other suggestions let me know. I've looked and verified already that the 2 bank toons Goth is trying to update are correctly linked to his account.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Alrighty. The problem is that the names of the bank characters have spaces in front of their names.

I just modified the code so that that's not possible anymore.

It was obvious that you did it for sorting purposes, but conveniently, that's no longer necessary as the "character admin" page is sortable by the various fields.

So, take the preceeding spaces from the names, run the bank uploader, and you're in business.

--
Alrighty. The problem is that the names of the bank characters have spaces in front of their names.

I just modified the code so that that's not possible anymore.

It was obvious that you did it for sorting purposes, but conveniently, that's no longer necessary as the "character admin" page is sortable by the various fields.

So, take the preceeding spaces from the names, run the bank uploader, and you're in business.

Doh. I feel like an idiot now.

Actually I did that, so that they would pop to the top of the drop down menu lists when assigning loots from GRSS snapshots. It was annoying if you had 5 sharded items, and 2-4 banked items, to have to search through the list for the bank characters multiple times, which is why I wanted them at the top of that list.

If you could adjust it so that there was an option to have 'Guild Bank' flagged characters automatically pop to the top of the drop down menus, it would be much appreciated.

--
-Goth
That's a good idea. I think I'll do that.

--
Chops,

I've noticed that since I downloaded the latest bank tool, every time my inventory changes (a LOT) I get a moment of lag. My frame rate drops really low for just a second, then recovers and works as normal.

Anyone else noticed this? I'll leave the mod unloaded tonight to verify if it's the culprit or not.

Brian
It is the culprit, unfortunately. I'll make some changes to it this week to stop it from re-reading the contents of the bags EVERY time something changes.

Unfortunately, though, that just means that it won't be the most accurate all the time.

--
It is the culprit, unfortunately. I'll make some changes to it this week to stop it from re-reading the contents of the bags EVERY time something changes.

Unfortunately, though, that just means that it won't be the most accurate all the time.

Yes, I indicated that I had this same problem with the mod awhile back and simply turn it off unless I plan to do an upload. Then I'll turn it on, do my data collection, upload, turn off, until the next time.

I've been advising guildies to do the same. It is an awsome mod and gathers very valuable data but the hesitation can kill you... literaly! lol

--

<<< 1 2 3
[Back to Index]