Forgot your password?
New Version of GuildBank Mod

New Version of GuildBank Mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 >>>
Awesome Saud! You're the best, man. I'll be sure to include that fix and put out a new version today.

Thanks again

No problem at all. You have a lot to do on a daily basis so any little thing I can do to help make things better I am always up for.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
found a another error. This is happening on a really low level toon that I have been playing lately

Error: Interface\AddOns\GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:245: attempt to concatenate local `quality' (a nil value)

This seems to be happening with Quest Items. Like the Deliver this Note to so and so. When accept the quest you get the item your are supposed to deliver and the error comes up immediately afterward.

--
Seem to be having some trouble myself with uploading. My bank, bags and equipped items show up fine. None of the players profesions, Talents or Factions change.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
New Version! Download now! GO GO GO! (Few bugs fixed)

--
It's all in the reflexes.
New Version! Download now! GO GO GO! (Few bugs fixed)

Thanks
Hiya.

Had a few problems getting this working - it doesn't seem to want to create the guildbank.lua in my character's saved variables folder. I've tried everything I can think of - disabling all mods except the guild bank one, coping the guildbank.lua from the original folder, etc, but it refuses to create the lua file.

Any suggestions?
It sounds to me like the mod isn't even loading.

When you log in, in your chat pane, scroll up and look for "GuildBank v0.3 Loaded"

If it doesn't say this anywhere, then the mod isn't loading. If it DOES say that the mod is loading, but not creating the file, then one of two things are happening:
1) It's creating the file and you're not looking in exactly the right place, or
2) It's not creating the file, and something way worse is going on.

You said you disabled the other mods...did you disable them through the addons button on the character select screen, or just move them out of the Addons folder?

--
It sounds to me like the mod isn't even loading.

When you log in, in your chat pane, scroll up and look for "GuildBank v0.3 Loaded"

If it doesn't say this anywhere, then the mod isn't loading. If it DOES say that the mod is loading, but not creating the file, then one of two things are happening:
1) It's creating the file and you're not looking in exactly the right place, or
2) It's not creating the file, and something way worse is going on.

You said you disabled the other mods...did you disable them through the addons button on the character select screen, or just move them out of the Addons

folder?

It's loading, it comes up with the Guildbank 0.3 has loaded message

I disabled through the addons menu them rather than delete them.

Searching through my World of Warcraft folder for 'guildbank' yields only the addon files and no created guildbank.lua, so I'm pretty certain the mod has loaded and isn't creating the file.

I guess it could have something to do with the other mods I have installed (even though they're not loaded), so I'll try deleting them and seeing if that makes the difference.
The file should be created inside

World of Warcraft\WTF\Accounts\AccountName\SavedVariables\GuildBank.lua

Are you sure you're looking in the right place. If the addon is loading, the file MUST be being created.

--
The file should be created inside

World of Warcraft\WTF\Accounts\AccountName\SavedVariables\GuildBank.lua

Are you sure you're looking in the right place. If the addon is loading, the file MUST be being created.

Ah I was looking in the wrong place. Found it now and uploaded. Sorry to waste your time and thanks for teh help
I have downloaded the guildbank and placed it in my addon folder. Then i play WoW for a little while opening all my folders and such, and logout. When i got to upload the file from my WTF folder its nowhere to be found. Please tell me what i can do to fix it.
I have downloaded the guildbank and placed it in my addon folder. Then i play WoW for a little while opening all my folders and such, and logout. When i got to upload the file from my WTF folder its nowhere to be found. Please tell me what i can do to fix it.

When you log in, does it say "GuildBank Version 0.3 Loaded"?

--
no. but it is one of the mods that should be loading. I would like to make sure that i know how to get it to work before i force our entire guild to use it.
no. but it is one of the mods that should be loading. I would like to make sure that i know how to get it to work before i force our entire guild to use it.

Hmmm....That's no good. If it's not even saying that, then the mod isn't even loading.

I'd make sure that the contents of the GuildBank folder are properly there. If there's a GuildBank folder inside the GuildBank folder, then it won't load.

I can't be sure what might be causing it, but it's almost always a result of placing the file into the wrong folder.

Edit: It's getting to that point, where it's probably a good idea to start looking into making an installer for GuildBank and GRSS.

--
i put the folder, which contains three files in it, inside the addons folder. is that the correct spot for it?
i put the folder, which contains three files in it, inside the addons folder. is that the correct spot for it?

Yes it is.

Hmm...If you head to your Character Select Screen, click the "Addons" button in the lower left corner. Does the mod show up in that list?

--
yes, it is selected to be loaded. It just doesnt create a guildbank.lua in the WTF folder. Im kind of stumped. is there an ingame command i can type to see some options?
I'll also mention that there are a number of places where it might look like the file should be created but it's not.

There's a WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/SavedVariables
and WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/RealmName/SavedVariables
and WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/RealmName/CharacterName/SavedVariables

Make sure you do the first one:

WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/SavedVariables

The GuildBank.lua file should be in there.

You can try to do the /gb command in-game, which, if you don't have any windows open, typically causes an error.

If you get an actual error popup, then you know it's workin.

Also, just to be SURE, you download the mod from this site right? If you downloaded it from Curse-Gaming or ui.worldofwar.net (there is another mod named GuildBank) that mod doesn't work with this.

--
yes, it is selected to be loaded. It just doesnt create a guildbank.lua in the WTF folder. Im kind of stumped. is there an ingame command i can type to see some options?

That is one thing I noticed being the way I am. It would be nice if it posted a system message to the chat box when events that were trigged fired and complete. Kind of like

GuildBank: Character and Bag inventory stored!
GuildBank: Profession (Cooking) know recipes stored!

You could even make a warning message to say:
GuildBank: Saved variables will not be written until you logout!

--
I have downloaded it only from this site. I will look in those other spots and also try that command to make sure it working. Hopefully i can get it up and running shortly.
Thanks for your help!

<<< 1 2 3 >>>
[Back to Index]