Forgot your password?
ATTN:Chops

ATTN:Chops
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Hey Chops Greenhouse from broken sent me to the forums here to raise a question for ya..

With the reforming of the guild and the merges and what not we are looking at several diffrent DKP systems..

My personal expericance I have used EQdkp and NDKP.. and I vote NDKP all the way..

Reason being is the functionality of the in game addon.. is there anyway with the dkpsystems dkp moduals to use something like NDKP's addon to download the current DKP to run like live dkp tracking ingame..

The way the addon works is I fire off an exe to connect to a file on the site that makes a file in my addon to use in game. In game when someone whispers me a phase in game in the addon it lists their name, current dkp, and their raid attendence %.

Is there anyway to do this with this dkpsystems modual?
With the current system, unfortunately not at the moment. HOWEVER, that functionality is one of the very next on the list to be finished. I'm expecting it to be ready approximately 3 weeks from now.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Ok so im assuming that you have seen and tried ndkp and know exactally what im talking about as far as IN game functionality...

If you can pull that off I will love you long time
I haven't actually USED NDKP myself, but I know what you are talking about. I've seen a number of mods and I've got several different possibilities on how or what I'll be implementing, but I know exactly what you mean. Ultimately, you want in-game at your fingertips the data that's on the website.

--
Yea basically what ndkp did was download from a file all the data including current dkp, and attendence %

The addon ingame had a little window which when someone msged me !bid it would show in the box their name dkp and what not.. and it would automatically put lets say 5 people sent me a tell !bid.. all 5 names would appeare in the box with the person with the highest ammount of dkp at the top.

It also provides a roll function meaning when people rolled it would display that as well with the highest roll at top..

P.S. really appreciate the quick responses here
Well, the initial version won't necessarily have the rolling and bidding capabilities, but once the intial version is out there, the sky is the limit to the functionality we can get added to it.

--
is there like a beta in play?? Anything I can do to help get this rolling asap..
is there like a beta in play?? Anything I can do to help get this rolling asap..

Unfortunately, not yet.

--
Ok will be looking forward to this support Greenhouse was saying that he liked the ndkp in game stuff but he really liked the functionality of the dkpsystem.. so it kind of ticked why not use both.. Hopefully we can get this to work..

If you could chops would you be willing to give ndkp a look over just to see how it works and possibly get some ideas for the stuff your gonna make .. If you have any questions about it just toss them up here I can try to help you out
One other things I was wondering if could be implemented..

A status block for a particular realm..specifically for those tuesdays when downtime sucks... people could just check the site instead of starting up the game and what not..

And yes im pretty much all day all night
Yeah, the server-status thing is definitely on the list of things to do. I should bump it up in priority a little bit. I think I can squeeze it in between the Forum revamp (currently underway) and the DKP mod.

--
Any updates?
Any updates?

Yep, the mod is coming along nicely. I'm expecting it to be ready within two weeks...three if things get rough. But I am building it from scratch (like always looking at other various mods for hints and tips).

I looked at both NDKP and GetDKP in-depth, and NDKP doesn't have the necessary framework for me, and GetDKP isn't functional enough for me.

I'll try to get a screeny up when I have soemthing a little more substantial.

--
Swwet deal man.. understandably ndkp doesnt have the framework... but Im really hoping you produce something along the same lines.. that would make you a god

Phenominal package you offer here keep up the great work
Quick Preview for ya. All the data in these screenshots are randomly generated, but the functionality is mostly there.

Current Standings

Accepting Bids

Bid History

Checking someone's DKP throuh a tell

Rolls with DKP

I'm takin a break for a bit from the Mod development, as my face is bleeding from "/console reloadui" for hours on end yesterday. I'm working on the data retriever (the EXE that will download the standings)

--
can't wait to see it working in game.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Question: Is there going to be bi-directional communication? I can see that we'll be able to check DKP in-game which is awesome in itself.

But what would really blow my mind, is if we could set DKP from in-game as well.

Like when I assign the loot, the mod sends the message back to the website that updates the standings, which recalculates the dkp, which sends back the new listing.

Player1 has 100 DKP
Player2 has 75 DKP

I check, see 100, assign a loot to player1 costing 50. When I run the check again, it's assigned the loot on the website, and the check comes back with the updated dkp, etc.

player3 isn't in-game, but looks at website, sees that player1 just got a new loot, and the updated totals.

That would be frikkin amazing.

--
-Goth
Question: Is there going to be bi-directional communication? I can see that we'll be able to check DKP in-game which is awesome in itself.

But what would really blow my mind, is if we could set DKP from in-game as well.

Like when I assign the loot, the mod sends the message back to the website that updates the standings, which recalculates the dkp, which sends back the new listing.

Player1 has 100 DKP
Player2 has 75 DKP

I check, see 100, assign a loot to player1 costing 50. When I run the check again, it's assigned the loot on the website, and the check comes back with the updated dkp, etc.

player3 isn't in-game, but looks at website, sees that player1 just got a new loot, and the updated totals.

That would be frikkin amazing.

Unfortunately, that level of communication is impossible with the current WoW Mod limitations.

So you'll have to live with the way that loot and raids are recorded in-game.

--
Looking good so far man.. keep up the great work..

Goth as far as live updating.. reason it cannot be done is WoW does not allow you to activly write to the addon folder while in game.. instead they make the saved varible filed in the WTF/Account folders... and as far as I know the addons are not capable of pulling data from outside the addon directory..

Otherwise.. Chops its looking fantastic.. good luck finishing it up
Looking good so far man.. keep up the great work..

Goth as far as live updating.. reason it cannot be done is WoW does not allow you to activly write to the addon folder while in game.. instead they make the saved varible filed in the WTF/Account folders... and as far as I know the addons are not capable of pulling data from outside the addon directory..

Otherwise.. Chops its looking fantastic.. good luck finishing it up

Summary:
I guess what I'm asking is if there's a way to manually force WOW to write GRSS information to the WTF folder wihout actually logging out of the game, where it automatically dumps the information to the saved variables. If so, then something like the live update should theoretically be possible.

If you're using an .exe file to pull data from the website and dump it in the addons folder, such a process should be also reverse possible to take data from the saved variables folder and send it to the website.

The only trick I can theoretically see, is getting WOW to write to the WTF folder without logging out. I'm assuming that there has to be some way to do this in any case. Even simply uploading automatically on logout would be decent as well.

I'm assuming that if there's the possibility to code or put into the add-on folder an .exe that can keylog your account/password information when you start wow, and then sends that information out to a third party site that uses that information to hack your account, there exists the possibility to use that same exact process, but for Awesome, and not evil.

---

Well do I know the 'can't write while running' thing, as I can attest when I crash repeatedly during a raid, and lose all of the data that /grss and CTRA/RaidTracker had been compiling, and have to manually figure it out.

I wish there was some way to force the system to manually save what it's got locked into RAM at the moment, that I could use so that I wouldn't lose all that data when/if I crashed.

Any ideas on that? Sorry to derail the thread. What you have so far is very impressive Chops.

---

In-case I'm missing something, if there is a way to make WOW manually write to the WTF folder while playing, and not on logout, it should theoretically be possible, yes?

I mean you're using something like an .exe file to pull data from the website to populate the file in the add-on folder, could you not use a similar system to pull data from the wtf folder to populate the website?

Would it not be somewhat essentially the same technology that Keyloggers embedded in mods use, but instead of for evil, for awesome? Or am I completely off base here?

---

--
-Goth

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]