Forgot your password?
ATTN:Chops

ATTN:Chops
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2

I'm assuming that if there's the possibility to code or put into the add-on folder an .exe that can keylog your account/password information when you start wow, and then sends that information out to a third party site that uses that information to hack your account, there exists the possibility to use that same exact process, but for Awesome, and not evil.

Man... i almost peed my pants laughing.

--
I'm assuming that if there's the possibility to code or put into the add-on folder an .exe that can keylog your account/password information when you start wow, and then sends that information out to a third party site that uses that information to hack your account, there exists the possibility to use that same exact process, but for Awesome, and not evil.

There is, actually. /console reloadui will force a variable-write. But there just isn't a way to perform direct two-way communication.

As for keylogging in a mod, it's actually safe. You can't Retrieve login/password info from a mod unless they do something dumb like type it into chat or something equally dumb. The only other way would be to install an actual keylogging program. Personally, I'd like to see WoW implement something for live reading and writing, if only from the hard drive.

As for pushing data from the WTF folder to the website, yeah, that can be done, however, with something like the GRSS, it's extremely difficult, as the level of "data cleaning" that comes from the user is extremely hard to automate. So unfortunately, the uploading of the data manually from the WTF folder is here to stay.

And why did you strike half of your post?

--
It's all in the reflexes.

There is, actually. /console reloadui will force a variable-write. But there just isn't a way to perform direct two-way communication.

As for keylogging in a mod, it's actually safe. You can't Retrieve login/password info from a mod unless they do something dumb like type it into chat or something equally dumb. The only other way would be to install an actual keylogging program. Personally, I'd like to see WoW implement something for live reading and writing, if only from the hard drive.

As for pushing data from the WTF folder to the website, yeah, that can be done, however, with something like the GRSS, it's extremely difficult, as the level of "data cleaning" that comes from the user is extremely hard to automate. So unfortunately, the uploading of the data manually from the WTF folder is here to stay.

Yeah I did more reading on the Keylogging from a mod perspective. This is why blizzard changed the launcher about a year ago. This is now only possible if someone uses a reskinned launcher which I think Blizz has put out a lot of publication against.

As for doing a force write of variables I have looked a lot of things and thus far sad to say only a reloadui or logout will do it. I was hoping to find something with on demand addon loading that would force a write. My thought was if I could unload and load and addon when I wanted to write a variable it would be much less intrusive than reloading the UI. However what I found in my reading was that even load on demand addons won't save their variables till the UI is reloaded.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
IT'S ALMOST DONE!

Here's a brief overview of the features CURRENTLY in it (There are a few I plan on adding yet before release)

1) A DKP Downloader (obviously, this is needed)
2) Current in-game DKP sortable by player name, class, earned, spent, adjusted, and total.
3) A rolling system which will record the first rolls of every player with "Start" and "Stop" buttons.
4) A bidding system, both Auction and non-auction which will record all bids made via the "!bid xxx" command sent in a tell.
---Silent Non-Auction: Members will only be notified that their bid is received, not their standing, and no one (but the one receiving the whispers) will know know what the current high bid is.
---Silent Auction: Members will be notified if they are the current high bidder, if their bid is tied with the leader, or if their bid is too low. Additionally, the current high bid (only the amount, not the player who has the high bid) will be automatically relayed to raid chat.
5) Commands sent from members will respond to them in a whisper with information:
---!dkp membername will retrieve the current dkp of the player named "membername"
---!dkpclass warlock will retrieve the current standings of all the warlocks
---!items playername will retrieve all items received by "playername"

--
3) A rolling system which will record the first rolls of every player with "Start" and "Stop" buttons.

Will the pressing of the start button make an announcment in the raid channel that bidding is open? Will it auto link the loot your opening bidding for? It would be nice to also possible start a configurable timer and use an update event to check if the timer has expired and them autostop accepting rolls/bids. We often only allow 30 seconds per loot item for people to determine if they are interested in it or not.

4) A bidding system, both Auction and non-auction which will record all bids made via the "!bid xxx" command sent in a tell.
---Silent Non-Auction: Members will only be notified that their bid is received, not their standing, and no one (but the one receiving the whispers) will know know what the current high bid is.
---Silent Auction: Members will be notified if they are the current high bidder, if their bid is tied with the leader, or if their bid is too low. Additionally, the current high bid (only the amount, not the player who has the high bid) will be automatically relayed to raid chat.
5) Commands sent from members will respond to them in a whisper with information:
---!dkp membername will retrieve the current dkp of the player named "membername"
---!dkpclass warlock will retrieve the current standings of all the warlocks
---!items playername will retrieve all items received by "playername"

There used to be a mod called Easy Master Looter that I used for PUGS. It was able to handle loot assignments also. Don't know if your looking at this. It essentially hooked the Master Looter functions so that once a high bid or roll was recieved you could show it highlighted and then allow the user to click that person in the interface and hit assign loot.

--
Yeah, both the rolling and bidding starting and stopping mechanisms will notify the raid thay bidding/rolling has started/stopped.

As for hooking the Master Looter functions, that's not in there right now, but that's kinda a neat idea, and I'll look into that.

It doesn't auto-link the item, but it says the item name. I'm looking into making it link the items, but for right now, it's just a text box where you type the name of the item. Not the best, I admit.

--
Yeah, both the rolling and bidding starting and stopping mechanisms will notify the raid thay bidding/rolling has started/stopped.

As for hooking the Master Looter functions, that's not in there right now, but that's kinda a neat idea, and I'll look into that.

It doesn't auto-link the item, but it says the item name. I'm looking into making it link the items, but for right now, it's just a text box where you type the name of the item. Not the best, I admit.

I'm at work so I can't surf to ui.worldofwar.net but when I get home I'll post you a link to EML. I think it will have the code you need link the item in your announcement and how to handle assignments from the mod once you get far enough along in the basics to add that feature.

--

I ramble incoherently a lot. I strike out what doesn't make sense to me, but leave it there so people can view it if they want to try and puzzle out what I'm saying.

--
-Goth

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]