Forgot your password?
Armory Sig Generator (Beta)

Armory Sig Generator (Beta)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>>
The one you've linked is showing in English. Try just pressing "Reload" or "Refresh". The other version is probably being cached in your browser.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
The one you've linked is showing in English. Try just pressing "Reload" or "Refresh". The other version is probably being cached in your browser.

That did it. Thanks.

--
That did it. Thanks.

Rock on!

--
can you add spell haste as a item that can be shown in the signatures?
Quote by Jackpott
b) it doesn't seem to be updating (armory is udpated, i checked)

I have to agree with this. I've made a few sigs for my characters (and I really do love these sigs) but they do not seem to be updated, not even once a week as the site claims. I can do it manually, but it would be handier if they really do auto-update.

Proof of not updating:

The sig of my level 21 hunter. Except he has been level 32 since over a week ago:

As you can see in his census data; he's been leveled from 21 to 32 from March 21 until March 30. It's April 7 now and the dkpsigs signature is still on level 21.

Hope this gets fixed because I really really really love these sigs, they are the best.
Quote by Armageddon
can you add spell haste as a item that can be shown in the signatures?

I'm afraid not at this point. I'll refer you to this thread: http://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?postid=16877

--
I have to agree with this. I've made a few sigs for my characters (and I really do love these sigs) but they do not seem to be updated, not even once a week as the site claims. I can do it manually, but it would be handier if they really do auto-update.

They ARE updating, but it's slow, and I'll expose a bit of inside information here. We've had a hard time keeping the servers from not getting banned from the armory, due to making too many requests, so we've had to throttle back heavily (which was when we changed from "nightly" to "weekly").

Unfortunately, since then, we've had to experiment with throttling, because unlike Google, Blizzard doesn't give a firm number to work with (ie "A maximum of 15,000 requests from an IP per day").

So for a few weeks, we weren't even running the sig autoupdater properly, just to ensure that we wouldn't get banned.

In any case, the script was enabled about a week ago, heavily thottled back, and it might take another week for everything to get caught up. Right now, it's just trying to recover from not running for a few weeks, so it's a little backlogged.

But I can assure you, yours will update. When, exactly, I cannot say, but it should be within the next few days, and hopefully every week or so after that.

--
Quote by Chops
They ARE updating, but it's slow, and I'll expose a bit of inside information here...

Thanks for the clear explaination. But in light of this information I'd edit this piece of text on the DKPSIGS.COM website;
Auto-updating: The sigs automatically update every week

Quote by Chops
We've had a hard time keeping the servers from not getting banned from the armory, due to making too many requests, so we've had to throttle back heavily (which was when we changed from "nightly" to "weekly").

For what it's worth, I hear that the EU Armory does not have this limitation - only the US Armory will ban you for making too many requests.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

For what it's worth, I hear that the EU Armory does not have this limitation - only the US Armory will ban you for making too many requests.

It's true that the EU armory has never banned dkpsigs, however the current US:EU ratio is about 2:1, which obviously amounts to a half the requests.

That is interesting if it's true. I wonder why the EU armory wouldn't have that limitation.

--
ok understand about spell haste....

can you then make an entry that can allow for something to be manually added?

So like include a spell haste and let me put the number in?

kinda klunky but at least I dont have to bust out photoshop to get it in there.
I've actually planned to implement Spell Haste. I's like to refer you to the other thread I previously referred you to.

http://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?postid=16932

This post in particular deals with what it'll take to make the spell haste work.

--
I cant upload an image. Everytime I do it just gives me the default hunter pig. This is what I am trying to upload,
Is the picture to big?
First I want to say I love these sigs and I hadn't come up with an error with them until tonight. My sig was working fine until sometime this evening. I even thought that maybe it was an issue on my end somewhere along the line so I deleted it and made a new one but no go. My char. profile comes up fine in the armory. Is there something that could be causing this?

The armory was performing a maintenance this evening, which could have broken any sigs that were updated during it.

You could try editing the sig, and re-saving it. Give it a minute or two, and click the "Reload" button (or Refresh, depending on your browser).

If that doesn't fix it, then the bad result from the maintenance is cached, in which case, you'll unfortunately have to wait until tomorrow for the cache on the server to clear itself.

--
Quote by Chops
The armory was performing a maintenance this evening, which could have broken any sigs that were updated during it.

You could try editing the sig, and re-saving it. Give it a minute or two, and click the "Reload" button (or Refresh, depending on your browser).

If that doesn't fix it, then the bad result from the maintenance is cached, in which case, you'll unfortunately have to wait until tomorrow for the cache on the server to clear itself.

Thx for quick reply, I will try those options.
I tried updating my sig yesterday as well and now it's not showing up. All I get is the ? thingy. I tried to update it this morning as well and i'm running into the same error.
Quote by Alystira
I tried updating my sig yesterday as well and now it's not showing up. All I get is the ? thingy. I tried to update it this morning as well and i'm running into the same error.

JK...I tried it again right after I posted and miraculously it worked!

JK...I tried it again right after I posted and miraculously it worked!

Rock on. That cache can be a pain sometimes, but unfortunately, it's a necessity at the moment.

--
Hey Chops,
I'm not able to update my signature for some reason and it shows now blank lines for each stat. I thought maybe it was caused by just one of my characters, but it's happening with both. See the images below... (I have tried editing each of them and then submit/saving - then waiting several minutes)

Edit: I just tried deleting and recreated new sigs - updated the links above.

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>>
[Back to Index]