Password:

Forgot your password?
Every morning problems with DKPsystem?

Every morning problems with DKPsystem?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Why is it that every morning (for the last 3 days) between the hours of about 3am and 6am it is a waste of time using my webiste?

It takes between 3 and 5 minutes to load a single page, this includes http://www.dkpsystem.com/ it has taken me 10 minutes so far just to get to the point where i can make this post.

I have given up completey on writing my site news or sorting out our DKP cause it would take me an ahour to do. Everyone in my guild is having the same problems and i have tried from 2 different computers.

please help, cause right now this sucks.

thank you
Yeah, there have been some slowdown issues, for sure.

I'm working on getting some more hardware in it, but most of the slowdown is related to the graph generation and nightly backup process, both of which I'm in the process of moving off the main server because of those slowdown issues.

I'm terribly sorry for your troubles, and I'm hoping within the next few days that the nightly slowdowns are eliminated completely.

I realize this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but it's the best I can do, as it's the truth.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
thx, truth is better than stupid "working as intended" replies i am sure you know what i mean thx for letting me know.
thx, truth is better than stupid "working as intended" replies i am sure you know what i mean thx for letting me know.

I know, man. I know it. Thank you for understanding!

Truth be told, The backup and graph generation procedures used to be "good enough" because they ran in 15 minutes or so. Now the DKP Graphs take a little over 90 minutes to run, and they sort of cripple the server while they are running. Naturally a bad thing.

I'm in the process right now of moving the graph generation scripts and the backup scripts off the main server and onto a slave server, so that will more or less completely eliminate your "late night slowdowns" however, that won't fix the occasional slowdowns we've been having from high usage.

There are a few servers on the way that will seriously bump up the power of the site, and those will definitely speed up the overall site.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
I'm in the final testing stages of the scripts, but most of the slow scripts have been moved off the main server so you should notice significant speed improvements at night.

----

--
How was it this morning?

----

--
it has been tons better, thx much!!
it has been tons better, thx much!!

Fantastic. There are still 2 more servers incoming to help further prevent slowdowns (and improve performance but I'm very happy that the early-morning cripple is gone).

----

--

[Back to Index]