Forgot your password?
Help with Gallery Stuffs

Help with Gallery Stuffs
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Chops,
I'm running into a problem with my Gallery right now and it has me a bit vexed. I'm trying to set permissions so that the Gallery widget in the upper left hand corner will still cycle pictures, but I'm trying to make it so that our IRL pictures and guild silliness don't make it into that loop.

Unfortunately, it seems no matter how many times I try to change the Gallery permissions for the main Gallery I'd like to make visible to people that are viewing the website as a potential guild to join (our Raid Kills), they will not stay. For the Kills gallery, it always reverts back to a Minimum Rank to View as our "Raiders" rank. The same thing happens on our Screenshots gallery, but we emptied that recently anyways so it's less of a concern.

Here are the permissions I'm trying to set:

- Kills: The Dead Book
Minimum Rank to Post: Guildmaster
Minimum Rank to View: General Public

- Member Layouts
Minimum Rank to Post: Friends/Family
Minimum Rank to View: General Public

- Screenshots
Minimum Rank to Post: Applicants
Minimum Rank to View: Applicants

- The "Real" Life
Minimum Rank to Post: Friends/Family
Minimum Rank to View: Friends/Family

Can you look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong or if there's a better way to set this up? I got a lot of feedback recently about how everyone missed the Gallery (it came up one night during raid) and I was like "I don't remember the Gallery ever going anywhere".

Much Love,
- Me -

P.S. Sorry for the long post.
Hey man, sorry for the late reply. I looked into this, and fixed the bug, but there is still one bit in your configuration you'll want to fix:

Right now, your gallery is limited to "Raider" and above, which is why it was defaulting the view to "Raider".

You'll want to head to Admin > Menus > Menu Administration, and edit the "Gallery" item (the one on the right), and set the minimum rank to view to General Public. Then everyone will be able to view the gallery, but only the subgalleries they have permission to view - in the case of the General public, it'll just be the kills subgalleries.

Make sense?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Sweet! Thanks man! That makes so much sense and I totally forgot about that link. I appreciate you gettin it all fixed and finding that for me.

You the bestest!

[Back to Index]