Password:

Forgot your password?
EPGP Assistance with the GRSS

EPGP Assistance with the GRSS
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Support]

Hello I am currently setting up a EPGP dkp system for our guild. I am very new to the workings of the site and very confused of how the GRSS addon records and tracks the dkp and items recieved by other members of the guild. Is there a guide for this by any chance besises the In-Game DKP mod?
Quote by Ridden
Hello I am currently setting up a EPGP dkp system for our guild. I am very new to the workings of the site and very confused of how the GRSS addon records and tracks the dkp and items recieved by other members of the guild. Is there a guide for this by any chance besises the In-Game DKP mod?

In-Game DKP Guide covers pretty much every aspect of the mod, how it records, and how it uploads. the difference between EPGP and DKP is primarily only in the totalling mechanism (current points = earned / spent). All else is pretty much the same as listed.

As you raid, you take snapshots when the boss dies, and record the items being received. At the end of the raid, you upload the data file and provide any additional information the mod needs to import it properly. The process is exactly the same whether you're using DKP or EPGP.

What in particular are you confused about?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I actually looked at the article really in depth and it made sense to me more when it gave examples (i.e. like being on time, and a boss dropping)

Only thing I'm still unsure of is with the GRSS can it detect when a raid member receives loot and that's how you enter in the GP value of that item? Or do you have to initiate the bidding of an item?

Thank you so much for your fast response! Loving the site already!
The mod can handle bidding for you if you like. Otherwise, you can use whatever method you'd prefer to determine who gets the loot.

Once the loot is assigned to the player, when the combat log registers the item being received by a player, that's when the mod will prompt you for the price paid by the player for the item. The point change will be immediately reflected in the in-game standings, and when you upload, the data will be solidified.

Make sense?

--
Oh ok so the standing you download from the site will be updated if someone receives an item, now is there a way to award EP and have it reflected in the current standings in the GRSS?

From what ive been seeing it looks like there is no way to award EP (earned) while in the game, but when you upload the snapshots you can, so do you upload the snapshots every time you want to award EP (like right after a boss kill) so that way for the next boss everything is up to date and accurate?
Quote by Ridden
Oh ok so the standing you download from the site will be updated if someone receives an item, now is there a way to award EP and have it reflected in the current standings in the GRSS?

From what ive been seeing it looks like there is no way to award EP (earned) while in the game, but when you upload the snapshots you can, so do you upload the snapshots every time you want to award EP (like right after a boss kill) so that way for the next boss everything is up to date and accurate?

You can't currently award DKP (EP or otherwise) using GRSS while in-game.

What we used to do in my guild (and in most other guilds I've run with) is to only add points after a raid is over, but we subtract for item purchases on the fly. This helped cut down on some unnecessary awards/deductions for people who lost points during a raid.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Ok that makes so much more sense now, thank you everyone xD

Now I don't know if its just me but my GRSS Snapshot link is not there anymore... there is not even a link to download the mod on the admin page. Did i break something? >_<
Quote by Ridden
Now I don't know if its just me but my GRSS Snapshot link is not there anymore... there is not even a link to download the mod on the admin page. Did i break something? >_<

My links are still there so I'm tempted to say it's just you.

Here's the link to download GRSS if you need it:

http://dkpfiles.com/www/files/GuildRaidSnapShot.zip

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
I have the addon, its just when i go to the admin page under the DKP section the upload GRSS Snapshot link is gone
It should be there now. It looks like at some point, you had modified the main game of your site from WoW to blank out the name of the game. Because the GRSS is WoW-specific, it wasn't detecting that you didn't have WoW enabled on your site. Giving the game a name fixed it.

--
Ah ok, god we are just messing up everything over here lol thank you for taking a look at it and fixing it.

[Back to Index]