Forgot your password?
DKP Decay and Floor Value

DKP Decay and Floor Value
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi:

I have a question about the Floor value when setting DKP Decay. What happens if I set a floor value of 100 but a player has negative DKP? Would that player's dkp accrete to 100 or would it stop at zero?

--
All I want is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power
Whoops. I started to answer this one and got distracted.

Keep in mind that the floor is actually a ratio. If you want your points to decay to 25% of their original value, you would enter 0.25.

If you enter 100, then those points to would decay to 10000% of their original value (which means that they would INCREASE IN VALUE), which you don't want happening.

That said, the points CAN and DO decay into the negative. They stop when each individual point is decayed to it's ratio floor.

Decay is NOT a DKP Floor (like the DKP Cap). A DKP Cap is a hard limit on the number of points a player can have. Decay works to simply give less weight to old raids/items/adjustments.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Got it. So both spent and earned points will decay to x percent of their original value.

Now about the Full Period Length field. The example states that "All earned points will remain at full value for 45 days." Is the system setup to do a rolling decay?

For example, it's the 46th day. Player A has 100 points and these will start to decay. He attends a raid and earns 50 points. Will the 50 points start decaying immediately or will they decay 45 days later?

Thanks very much for your answers. I really like the site and am considering it for my guild. Decay is a idea I like alot but wanted to understand how it's setup here.

--
Will the 50 points start decaying immediately or will they decay 45 days later?

The 50 points will begin decaying 45 days later, and will remain full value for that 45 days. Each item, raid, and adjustment decays independently with the current functionality.

So, for example:

Decay configuration:
Full Period Length: 50 days
Fully Decay Value: 0.1 (that's 10%)
Decay Period: 100 days.

Raids (notice that I'm estimating with the calculations here for ease)
TimeOriginal ValueCurrent Valuecomments
10 days ago1010Still in the "Full" Period, so not decayed at all
60 days ago109Decaying for 10 days
120 days ago103Decaying for 70 days
200 days ago101Fully decayed to 10% original value

Items Received:[cell]Still in the "full" period, so not decayed
TimeOriginal ValueCurrent ValueComments
49 days ago1010
90 days ago106Decaying for 40 days
110 days ago104Decaying for 50 days
180 days ago101Fully Decayed to 10% original value

That player's current Earned DKP would be 23
That player's current Spend DKP would be 21
So that player's total DKP would be 2 (23 - 21)

Make sense?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Got it. Thanks again for the info. I'm tweaking my dkp system and wanted to model how points will be gained/used in a decay system.

--

[Back to Index]