Forgot your password?
Multiple setup questions

Multiple setup questions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Account questions...

My personal character profiles all show up as pending. What needs to be done to remove this status?

DKP Questions...

I imported all of the numbers using eqDKP Importer, but it didnt import the adjustment column. Why?

How do I change the column names? make Earned = EP, Spent = GP and Current = PR?

How do I hide columns?

How do I merge points for alts and mains? In eqdkp, we used the adjustment column for that. I assume that we would use the changing main function, but in using that function, I see 2 of the same exact name for many people. how does that get resolved?

When making an adjustment what does it effect? EP or GP? occasionally a person will get a bonus for working for the guild in one capacity or another how do I give them either effort points or remove gear points?

Is there a guide I'm missing that itemizes each function of the admin panel?

Thanks for your assistnace.

Zynea
Quote by Zynea
My personal character profiles all show up as pending. What needs to be done to remove this status?

In the lower right corner of your screen, you should have a box labeled "Alerts." In that box contain any messages that the system needs you to address. There you'll find a reference to Pending Characters. There you'll need to approve them.

I imported all of the numbers using eqDKP Importer, but it didnt import the adjustment column. Why?

I'm not exactly sure. I'd have to see the file that was used to import. If you could email the file to me (sigmastar@gmail.com), I'll have a look and let you know what I find.

How do I change the column names? make Earned = EP, Spent = GP and Current = PR?

While the columns can't currently be renamed, you CAN add your own custom custom columns. If you head to Admin > DKP > Custom DKP Fields, you can create custom columns. For example, for the EP formula, you would specify "earned" as the formula and just call the column "EP".

How do I hide columns?

At the top of the Current Standings page, there is a link to "Customize the layout of this page". There you can change the order of the fields, as well as hide and show them as you wish.

This page is also gotten to from the admin menu: Admin > DKP > Current Standings Page

How do I merge points for alts and mains? In eqdkp, we used the adjustment column for that. I assume that we would use the changing main function, but in using that function, I see 2 of the same exact name for many people. how does that get resolved?

You would go to Admin > DKP > Full Character Transfer

When making an adjustment what does it effect? EP or GP? occasionally a person will get a bonus for working for the guild in one capacity or another how do I give them either effort points or remove gear points?

Currently, if an adjustment is negative, it counts as GP and if it's positive, it counts as EP. This is changing over the next month, where EPGP support is getting beefed up, allowing you to adjust EP and GP independently.

Is there a guide I'm missing that itemizes each function of the admin panel?

The FAQ tries to solve a lot of those questions. There's also the Articles on how the DKP System, and some of the more advanced features work (such as layout information and whatnot).

Most of the features are documented in the FAQ.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
How is this data backed up? do you keep a backup of all data. If yes, when is it saved? How would restoration be done? If you dont keep a backup of all data, how do I back the data up?

Zynea
Backups are performed nightly. If anything needs to be rolled back, you'll need to contact us about it (either post on the forums, email, or phone).

--
in eqdkp, there is an option to hide people that are inactive after a certain period of time, so they dont clutter up the main list. There is a link at the very bottom to "Show All" so that if you are returning from an extended hiatus, that you can see what your points are.

I can see without this that the list can soon get extremely cluttered by people who raid only 1 time. Exanple here. Notice that at the bottom it says 67 active members and show all to see everyone. Is this possible in dkpsystem?

Also, in our eqdkp site we have a "Fancy stats" option. see example Is there a replacement in dkpsystems?

I didn't pay for Forums, as we already have working forums and are very happy with it, but it seems that applications are posted to forums. What is the difference between paying for forums and this base forum that I already have with my subscription?

Zynea
Quote by Zynea
Also, in our eqdkp site we have a "Fancy stats" option. see example Is there a replacement in dkpsystems?

I love the stats themselves, you have some neat info there. It's a bit hard on the eyes though.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Yeah, I agree that they are hard to read. Its something we always figured we would make more readable, but have yet to implement.

Zynea
Quote by Zynea
Yeah, I agree that they are hard to read. Its something we always figured we would make more readable, but have yet to implement.

Zynea

We've always planned on doing something like that. With the coming DKP revamp, perhaps we can put something like that in there.

--
We seem to be unable to post any pictures to the gallery.

1) do we use hte gallery to link to other locations for pictures or does it upload to your server?

2) if it uploads to your server, is there a limit in space for those pictures?

Zynea
Quote by Zynea
We seem to be unable to post any pictures to the gallery.

1) do we use hte gallery to link to other locations for pictures or does it upload to your server?

2) if it uploads to your server, is there a limit in space for those pictures?

Zynea

Hmm...The gallery should be accepting uploads. Are you getting an error of some sort?

As for the space limits, the limit is "be reasonable." For all practical purposes, no one has ever gone over space or bandwidth limits.

--

[Back to Index]