Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
I need help with a bit of coding (alternating row types transparency)

I need help with a bit of coding (alternating row types transparency)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: [Support]

Im wondering if its possible the make the alternating row types 100% transparent so my background picture shines through on my news screen. It has pics of the boss kills and I want the pic from behind to show inside the news post and outside of the boss kill pics.

Im not talking about color.. I want transparency

Ive tried taking the background command out of these lines but all it does is turn the news background black

/* used on almost every page, is the style of one of the row-types in a table with alternating row types */
.list1,.l1{ font-size: 9pt;
background: #545454;}

/* used on almost every page, is the style of the other of the row-types in a table with alternating row types */
.list2,.l2{ font-size: 9pt;
background: #262626;}

Help? I dont know how to do this.
Simply removing the specification for the background altogether, will make it 100% transparent.

For example:

/* used on almost every page, is the style of one of the row-types in a table with alternating row types */
.list1,.l1{ font-size: 9pt;
}

/* used on almost every page, is the style of the other of the row-types in a table with alternating row types */
.list2,.l2{ font-size: 9pt;
}

Notice, that they don't have background specifications anymore. That would be sufficient.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The background is black now instead of having the background image come thru.

I didnt get the results I wanted.

Any other suggestion? Im even willing to texture it if I knew how but would love the background coming thru.

Check it out at www.myth-guild.us
Got it.. you hafta take the background reference from this one as well.

/* Most tables use this type */
.List{ background-color: #070707;
border: inset;
border-width: 1px;}

[Back to Index]