Forgot your password?
DKP help needed >.<

DKP help needed >.<
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

hey chops,

struggling a bit with the whole uploading and in game dkp stuff at teh moment and was wondering if we might be able to get some help.

we've only just set up the site and so it's a massive BAM of information but most things are going great, just the dkp side of things is baffling me. i've been trialling and error-er-er-ering though!

ok, so our dkp system is fairly simple, you accrue for example 5 points per boss kill, and loot has item values, say for example 40. when you want an item, you /roll 1-100 on it, and your dkp is added to the roll. the highest number wins the item and the item value is deducted from that character's dkp.

i've been trying to do mock runs of lbrs to see if it all works out etc but in-game, the mod doesn't seem to be taking the dkp off the person when they receive the item - as well as this, there is no box that pops up asking how many points they've spent on the item.

the following is happening from point a to z:

1. added the items from lbrs and given dkp values to them, and added characters on the site
2. assigned dkp for me and officer running these mock runs
3. set up raid "lbrs mock run" as example and sign up for it
4. start grss mod.exe (the file) and it auto updates to our site ok
5. log into wow
6. begin raid
7. /grss show and configure to the correct dkp system
8. set it up for /roll 1-100
9. down boss (for example Halycon).

this is where i get confused. after boss is killed there doesn't seem to be a snapshot happening. i loot boss, and open /grss show but nothing auto updates in the little loot window - so i evidently link in raid chat, then shift click my raid chat (which auto updates that item only). then i roll as does the other officer and whoever wins i assign the loot to. and nothing happens from this point - no dkp is adjusted (even though the items HAVE values on the site) and no box pops up to say "how many points were spent" etc.

i am a massive noob and have tried it many times but to no avail. is there some setting along the way i'm missing? or do the items need to be purple, or does it have to be a real raid instance and not lbrs?

any help would be MOST appreciated - in fact, i'm so excited to use it i'll name my first born Chops if i can get it up and running...well maybe not but yes, i'm excited

Hiti.

Quote by hititicus
hey chops,

struggling a bit with the whole uploading and in game dkp stuff at teh moment and was wondering if we might be able to get some help.

we've only just set up the site and so it's a massive BAM of information but most things are going great, just the dkp side of things is baffling me. i've been trialling and error-er-er-ering though!

ok, so our dkp system is fairly simple, you accrue for example 5 points per boss kill, and loot has item values, say for example 40. when you want an item, you /roll 1-100 on it, and your dkp is added to the roll. the highest number wins the item and the item value is deducted from that character's dkp.

i've been trying to do mock runs of lbrs to see if it all works out etc but in-game, the mod doesn't seem to be taking the dkp off the person when they receive the item - as well as this, there is no box that pops up asking how many points they've spent on the item.

the following is happening from point a to z:

1. added the items from lbrs and given dkp values to them, and added characters on the site
2. assigned dkp for me and officer running these mock runs
3. set up raid "lbrs mock run" as example and sign up for it
4. start grss mod.exe (the file) and it auto updates to our site ok
5. log into wow
6. begin raid
7. /grss show and configure to the correct dkp system
8. set it up for /roll 1-100
9. down boss (for example Halycon).

this is where i get confused. after boss is killed there doesn't seem to be a snapshot happening. i loot boss, and open /grss show but nothing auto updates in the little loot window - so i evidently link in raid chat, then shift click my raid chat (which auto updates that item only). then i roll as does the other officer and whoever wins i assign the loot to. and nothing happens from this point - no dkp is adjusted (even though the items HAVE values on the site) and no box pops up to say "how many points were spent" etc.

i am a massive noob and have tried it many times but to no avail. is there some setting along the way i'm missing? or do the items need to be purple, or does it have to be a real raid instance and not lbrs?

any help would be MOST appreciated - in fact, i'm so excited to use it i'll name my first born Chops if i can get it up and running...well maybe not but yes, i'm excited

Hiti.

** as an update, it seems to be semi working after i deleted the whole mod and installed it again - and am using the version before 0.96. ie, when it asked me to auto update the mod i chose no. and i did everything above and the drop down box auto populated, the pop up box came up and deducted dkp accordingly but small differencs are some !whisper functions work differently. (!dkp for example no longer gets a response).

any ideas?

hiti.

i know i've probably missed one massive important step so for that i apologise. any help appreciated.
anyone?
Any reason why you aren't updating to the latest version?

One thing, the lower instances like BRS, Scholo, and Strath do not auto-snapshot when a boss dies. The same goes with any 5-man instance. The auto-snapshotting only occurs on the bosses for epic instances (Old world stuff like ZG to Naxx and the new world stuff like Kara to Black Temple).

Additionally, one of the recent versions of the GRSS disabled blues to trigger the prompts, so only epics will prompt for item prices. This can be enabled by tweaking the mod itself. Look for the following code, in the current version of the mod (GuildRaidSnapShot.lua in the Addons folder) at line 96:

local GRSS_Colors={
--[[["ff9d9d9d"] = "grey",
["ffffffff"] = "white",
["ff00ff00"] = "green",
["ff0070dd"] = "rare",]]--
["ffa335ee"] = "epic",
["ffff8000"] = "legendary"
};

Move the ]]-- to the "green" line like so

local GRSS_Colors={
--[[["ff9d9d9d"] = "grey",
["ffffffff"] = "white",
["ff00ff00"] = "green",]]--
["ff0070dd"] = "rare",
["ffa335ee"] = "epic",
["ffff8000"] = "legendary"
};

This will make blues cause the popup for items.

However, the bosses do not still trigger. You'll then want to add the bosses to the list manually. Line 6 of the same file is contains the list of bosses that trigger auto-snapshots.

Adding the LBRS bosses to that will trigger autosnapshots.

Of course, you can always initiate a manual snapshot by typing /grss snapashotname

Change "snapshotname" to whatever you want (ie /grss Wyrmthalak) when you want to take the snapshot.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
mate, thank you so much, i really appreciate the help

only reason i didn't update - i had initially - but wanted to test it all out so i knew how the process would work for future raids - hence setting up mock raids and hitting lbrs.

but what you say makes sense - now i've seen the process and set item values, i'm sure it'll be great!!

thank you so much

[Back to Index]