Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Bug
Section of the Site DKP
Urgency (0 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
Lately GRSS has not been logging my raid info.

Before the start of my raids I start the timer /grss starttimer and place it at 60 min. durning the raid it takes its snapshots, logs bosses downed and Loot received.

when i go to upload the data the file is empty. I have downloaded the addon again, deleted the guildraidsnapshot.lua and let it recreate itself. and im sure its not the file in the interface addons folder that im uploading. It worked great for the first 2 weeks of having it and now nothing.

after the raid i troubleshoot the issue and get some data to capture.. but not sure why its not capturing the raid info.

Is there something im missing, please help...
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Is WoW crashing when you close, or are you suddenly closing? Are uyou making sure that you close WoW before uploading?

How long have you noticed that it's not capturing data?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Is WoW crashing when you close, or are you suddenly closing? Are uyou making sure that you close WoW before uploading?

Also it might help if you attach the file you are uploading or if it is really a 0byte file then paste in the path to the file omitting any <username> data that might be in the path.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Chops

its been doing this for the past 6 raids about 2 weeks now. how should i be closing wow? esc log off then quit? or can I esc exit?

--
Kronie
DPS DPS DPS
Closing wow in any "legitimate" way is fine. ESC > Exit Program, and By logging out.

The most popular "illigitimate" way is by ALT+F4. If you're alt+f4ing, then the data isn't getting written.

Additionally, I've known people who's WoW programs crash after closing the program, and even THAT prevented the file from being written (that one guy could pretty much not save any data for any mods because of it), but that's an extreme example.

The experiment to ensure that the mod is working is to make a quick raid (just you and someone else), then type /grss test (this will take a snapshot called "test"), then close WoW and try to upload the file.

By the way, are you running Vista?

--
Quote by Chops
Closing wow in any "legitimate" way is fine. ESC > Exit Program, and By logging out.

The most popular "illigitimate" way is by ALT+F4. If you're alt+f4ing, then the data isn't getting written.

Additionally, I've known people who's WoW programs crash after closing the program, and even THAT prevented the file from being written (that one guy could pretty much not save any data for any mods because of it), but that's an extreme example.

The experiment to ensure that the mod is working is to make a quick raid (just you and someone else), then type /grss test (this will take a snapshot called "test"), then close WoW and try to upload the file.

By the way, are you running Vista?

I will do tonight, thanks for the info

--
Kronie
DPS DPS DPS
One trick that I've used when dealing with unstable AddOns in the past is to periodically run this command in game:

/console reloadui

This will force all your AddOns to reload - and as a side effect will also write out all their settings (please note that it'll lock up WoW for a few seconds, that's normal)

But aye, the first step is to just make sure that you're not alt-f4ing to quit WoW and logging out normally, instead.
You can close this ticket, going into shat after a raid would cause my wow to crash causing my issue. so now i just log out after the raid to resolve the problem

--
Kronie
DPS DPS DPS
Quote by kronie
You can close this ticket, going into shat after a raid would cause my wow to crash causing my issue. so now i just log out after the raid to resolve the problem

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know what's causing your WoW to crash in Shatt?

--

[Back to Index]