Password:

Forgot your password?
Drop down menus

Drop down menus
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I really like the horizontal drop down menu that No Quarters has on their site. Is that something that is adaptable to the WotLK template and if so, are the items updated as usual, e.g., Recruitment, Progression, etc? I pulled up their source code, but am unable to tell if it's something that is system supported or if they are having to hand code updates.

On an unrelated subject, is there a way I can change my admin status to one of my other toons? I have retired the character that currently holds it and would like to make my druid the primary admin character. Thanks!

--

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
The drop downs on the No Quarter site are indeed very cool.

You actually CAN add that kind of bit to the template, but keep in mind that the No Quarter site was completely custom written by the owner of the site, and they are indeed manually maintained. You can, of course, automate drop down menus somewhat using the Embedded Menu Commands.

We've also got a function call you can use which works pretty well in javascript called "dyn_drop_down()" (You'll want to read the dkpsystem.js file to see the code).

As for making your characters the main accounts, it's important to realize that characters and accounts are seperate entities. You can freely change ranks of the Characters in Admin > Characters and Accounts > Characters. If you've got a separate account for that character, you will need to use the "Relinquish your Powers" option to transfer that power to the other account.

Otherwise, you don't need separate accounts for each character, in which case, you can merely rename your account by clicking "Edit Account" in the "Logged In" box.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Awesome. As usual, thanks for your prompt and very helpful answers Chops! You run a great service and I'm very impressed with all the work you put into it!

--

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[Back to Index]