Password:

Forgot your password?
Crafting Search

Crafting Search
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

is there a way, or could we make one, that would allow us to search for items that can be crafted by the guild?

So for example I want a list of all fire resistance gear. I could go to a screen and say show me all crafted items that are currently known by my guild members that have a +FR stat on them.

And I can imagine all types of searches that would be helpful.

Is this achieveable? and or implementable?

Thanks
That's an interesting suggestion. While the profession/tradeskill search is available, it's only a name-based search. Adding a more in-depth analysis is sort of interesting.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
That's an interesting suggestion. While the profession/tradeskill search is available, it's only a name-based search. Adding a more in-depth analysis is sort of interesting.

Yes currently in order to get a list of who can craft resistance gear (or anything else) we have to make a post and have them actually type in each item they can edit, and then they have to update their post (by hand) and it just a lot of data entry. The alternative is opening up every profile and one by one checking out the stats.

A search like this would be most beneficial as all the information the guildbank addon is accumulating for us is kinda useless without a good means of reporting on it.

Thanks
Quote by Chops

I have thought also, it would be cool if ... since you are making extensive use of Item Links ... if there is a way to add all of the patterns, schematics ... etc .. to a dropdown list so that people can select them.

Seems you already have the database in itemstats ...

So then, when you goto the professions tab, maybe make each profession a link ... then the associated page has 2 colums. 1 with all of the people who have that profession, and their skill, like you have it now, and then 2nd, a list of all of the patterns that people know. You could then add a simple mouseover to the patterns that will popup a list of people who can make it.

Would definitely requre some new database space that links item 32123 to user 1234 ...

Anyway, good idea ^_^

--
Until something like this is implemented, what are other people doing to ease this kind of searching? Right now we have to make a post about a certain type of gear then we have to all reply to it with what we can make and then update that.

Is there a better way? obviously a search for +FR is the easiest, but since thats not around...what are you all doing?
One could determine what items are available by searching things like Wowhead. For example (using the old world stuff), Say I found on Wowhead that there is a cloth pattern called Flarecore WrapsRefresh This Item. I now know the item I want, I just search on the profession page on my site to see who has it.

Generally, there will be only a very select number of patterns like that available for a particular armory type (cloth, mail, etc), so you get to know what pieces you want.

Additionally, many of the resistance gear sets follow a naming pattern, ie "Flarecore", "Dark Iron"

You can search the professions page for "Flarecore" to see who can many ANY pieces of flarecore.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]