Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP System Help

DKP System Help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

We are playing around with the DKP system using GRSS mod and I need someone to tell me step by step if the following is possible (Simply I hope).

Our DKP system.

We have separate DKP per instance (Which is not a problem as this feature is already available) and each system is very very basic. You get 1 point for attending the raid and 1 point for stopping from start to finish and if you signed up. Max of 2 points.

No points are given for boss kills ..etc

What I need.

With GRSS to have one snap shot that takes the whole raid in to account (i.e those that left early or joined late) so for Karazhan I may have a “snapshot” of 14 players all of which get 1 point – I then manually give the extra point to those I know should have it.

To Upload.

Should be simple enough as I don’t need to use “destinations” as we are not doing it by Boss.

Alternative.

I believe RaidTracker can do this – can someone confirm?

Many thanks,

Aldor
Quote by Aldor
We are playing around with the DKP system using GRSS mod and I need someone to tell me step by step if the following is possible (Simply I hope).

Our DKP system.

We have separate DKP per instance (Which is not a problem as this feature is already available) and each system is very very basic. You get 1 point for attending the raid and 1 point for stopping from start to finish and if you signed up. Max of 2 points.

No points are given for boss kills ..etc

What I need.

With GRSS to have one snap shot that takes the whole raid in to account (i.e those that left early or joined late) so for Karazhan I may have a “snapshot” of 14 players all of which get 1 point – I then manually give the extra point to those I know should have it.

To Upload.

Should be simple enough as I don’t need to use “destinations” as we are not doing it by Boss.

Alternative.

I believe RaidTracker can do this – can someone confirm?

Many thanks,

Aldor

I used to do a portion of our DKP the same way. You got a bonus for being ontime. Then you got a bonus for staying until the raid ended or was called. Here is how we tracked it. Take a manual snapshot when the raid starts. Take another manual snapshot when the raid ends. We awarded boss DKP so the middle got a little complicated. I used to import the snapshots into excel and line them up and look at who was in every snapshot for the the start to finish stuff.

What you are doing us much simpler. You only care who was there at the beginning and who was there at the end. If you take a start snapshot and an end snapshot and import both of them awarding a point for each what you should end up with is people that get a point for starting a raid and people that get a point for ending a raid. Anyone that started and ended gets 2 total points. The only problem I see with this is if you have someone that comes after starting and leaves before ending. In that case they would not be in any snapshots.

There is a solution for this and it isn't too hard to do. You would still take the manual start snapshot but not the end one. You would instead turn on automatic snapshots for boss kills. Upload all of the snapshots but only assign a point value to the start 1. After you are done you can open your calendar and look at the event for which you uploaded snapshots. It should now have a dropdown box in it with an option like "Show Players who Attended by Class". Under your DKP System on the Admin Menu go to "Raid Attendance. On Raid Attendance click "Add New Raid". Here you make the Finish raid and manually check off the people that show up on the calender in the list of those from the option I mentioned before and award them 1 point. That should cover the simplest way to do it and the slightly more complex way but the way to ensure you capture people that come in the middle and leave before the end.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]