Forgot your password?
Time Zone Issues

Time Zone Issues
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2
Give it a shot. Sorry about all this trouble Rare.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Give it a shot. Sorry about all this trouble Rare.

Still no change. I have set my timezone back to the server's timezone so I can sign up etc.

Everything seems fine when I set my time zone to server, but somewhere between GMT-8 (Server/site time) and my local time (GMT+9) the current day on the calendar jumps forward 2 days.

The easiest way to examine this might be to put a "current time" clock (based on your personal timezone setting) above the calendar so I can work out at what point it jumps so far.

Setting my TZ to the server means I have full functionality and we are used to talking to each other in "server time" so it is not a big problem.

Everything else is fantastic on the sight
Ok...if I don't get this out to you...our Aussie members are going to hang me! LOL.

www.ignieferroque.com
Site- GMT -7

Our Aussie compatriots at GMT +10 are saying that they are not 17 hours ahead but like 17 + 12 hours ahead for a total of 29 hours. this puts them way off on scheduled runs.

This is for all calender items and has been discussed and double checked on vent and messenger. If they set it to GMT -7 or anything close it works just fine.

So...any ideas?
Chekc it, it should be good now

--
Thanks Chops...will check it out with them soon.
Quote by Chops
I'm aware of the time zone issues affecting people over the past day (since deploying the User-defined Time Zones).

While I'm pretty sure I have things stabilized, if you're still experiencing issues, please let me know here.

To better aide you, please provide the following information for reference:

1) The Timezone of your site (ie GMT -10)
2) The Time your next raid was to start
3) The Time your next raid actually says it's going to start
4) What the countdown timer says ("X hours until next Raid")
5) And finally, any further information that you might feel is pertinent.

Thank you

www.defiance.dkpsystem.com

1) GMT -8
2) 11:15 p.m.
3) 11:15 p.m.
4) 1 hour
5) it says one hour till the raid but our time here should be 11:15 am, so the raid should be 12 hours away. Our forum times are reporting as 10:15 p.m. and our admin time zone setting is definately set as GMT-8
Head to Admin > Raid Schedule, and see what the time it says there for you. If it says the correct time, but is still reporting the wrong countdown, then there is indeed something wrong.

However, if it's reporting the wrong time on the raid schedule page, then that means that whoever scheduled the event needs to check their personally set Time zone (click "Edit your Account Info" in the "Logged In" box).

--
Quote by Chops
Head to Admin > Raid Schedule, and see what the time it says there for you. If it says the correct time, but is still reporting the wrong countdown, then there is indeed something wrong.

However, if it's reporting the wrong time on the raid schedule page, then that means that whoever scheduled the event needs to check their personally set Time zone (click "Edit your Account Info" in the "Logged In" box).

That was indeed the problem, after the personal time zone was changed everything was perfect, thanks!
Website dreamscape.dkpsystem.com
Site Timezone GMT -8
Next Raid 9:30 pm
Actual 9:30 pm
Countdown timer 2 hours 0 min 17 sec.

The site is set to GMT -8. My individual is set to GMT -5 (est). The time is listing as above and countdown timer.
Head to Admin > Event Schedule and check to see that they are set up to the right starting time. If someone scheduled them and had their time zone off (or the site time zone was off), then the events would have been scheduled at the wrong starting time.

--

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]