Forgot your password?
Guild Bank not uploading -- getting frustrated

Guild Bank not uploading -- getting frustrated
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
Hi. I have downloaded the auto uploader bank mod and ran it many times. There is only one display of the bank's items etc that I have not been able to update at all. At first there wasn't even a guildbank.lua file in my savedvariables, so i installed GuildBank addon but when I manually upload the file it still doesnt work.
I have now cleared my addons etc etc so I started everything from scratch. The auto uploader says that the profile of my bank is being uploaded, yet its not. There is only one guildbank.lua file and its in the bank's savedvariables folder but when i try to upload it manually it still doesnt work. In addition i have tried /gbk in-game.
Quick question...Are you running Vista?

Also, you said that there is a GuildBank.lua file, could you upload that here so I can see.

Also be sure to check out the WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/Realm/Character/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hi I am not running Vista but I just took a look at the guildbank.lua file in my /realm/character/savedvariables and it looks up to date in there. Anyway here it is

Quote by Chops
Quick question...Are you running Vista?

Also, you said that there is a GuildBank.lua file, could you upload that here so I can see.

Also be sure to check out the WoW/WTF/Accounts/AccountName/Realm/Character/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua
I see what the problem is.

It's actually in your configuration.

Here are the steps to remedying this situation:

1) Head to Admin > Static Menu Items and Content and you can delete the link to "Guild Bank" (this method is outdated by several months)

2) Head to Admin > Characters, find the "Dsbbank" character, click "Edit" and check the box for "Guild Bank" and Save.

3) Reupload the data

And you'll be all set.

Right now, the character, Dsbbank, is not associated with anyone, and as such, it will straight up deny you access to uploading the data. However, marking the character as a GuildBank lifts this restriction, as it's not uncommon for more than one Officer to have access to the Guild Bank characters.

--
Thank you that got it working. One more thing; is there some way of displaying the current funds?

Quote by Chops
I see what the problem is.

It's actually in your configuration.

Here are the steps to remedying this situation:

1) Head to Admin > Static Menu Items and Content and you can delete the link to "Guild Bank" (this method is outdated by several months)

2) Head to Admin > Characters, find the "Dsbbank" character, click "Edit" and check the box for "Guild Bank" and Save.

3) Reupload the data

And you'll be all set.

Right now, the character, Dsbbank, is not associated with anyone, and as such, it will straight up deny you access to uploading the data. However, marking the character as a GuildBank lifts this restriction, as it's not uncommon for more than one Officer to have access to the Guild Bank characters.
At the moment, no, but that's planned.

--
Suddenly guildbank is picking up an old character of mine on another server . Last night it was fine but today I notice it's not & I'm not on my home PC i'm at work so I havent' had the opportunity to screw things up myself.
I had a question with the upload profiler. I have my character logged into my guild website constantly from a computer at my work. I cannot log out and I'm having trouble getting the program to upload on to the site. If I can't log my character out will the program not be able to update the site?
If you cannot log out of the game without WoW crashing, then WoW will never be able to write the data to the hard drive.

You could try typing (in-game):

/console reloadui

If that doesn't crash wow, then the data will get written whenever you type that.

--
Quote by Hacksta
I had a question with the upload profiler. I have my character logged into my guild website constantly from a computer at my work. I cannot log out and I'm having trouble getting the program to upload on to the site. If I can't log my character out will the program not be able to update the site?

You're saying you're stuck logged in to your guild site at work & not wow. So i think chops misread your post.

First at work. Delete your cookies, history etc. That should log you out.

Second unless you play WoW from work load the mod there won't do you any good as it pulls the info from the files on the computer you play WoW on.
Yeah, I'm logged into the website not WoW jaidyn your right. But the system that they have will not allow me to delete the cookies etc. I can't even right click on this computer, its completely protected. I had my GM delete my account completely from the website. I remade my account, made my two characters and ran the guildbank uploader and it loaded the same info that it has since I was lvl 31. I think its the uploader or where it's getting its information from. I gotta get this fixed, thanks for the responses!
Quote by Hacksta
Yeah, I'm logged into the website not WoW jaidyn your right. But the system that they have will not allow me to delete the cookies etc. I can't even right click on this computer, its completely protected. I had my GM delete my account completely from the website. I remade my account, made my two characters and ran the guildbank uploader and it loaded the same info that it has since I was lvl 31. I think its the uploader or where it's getting its information from. I gotta get this fixed, thanks for the responses!

Being logged in on more than one computer the website shouldn't affect anything.
On the computer that you play WoW what OS are you running? Is WoW loaded in the default location? What version of Guild Bank do you have (a recent update was released)? If possbile can you locate and attach the GuildBank.lua file that the uploader is attempting to load to the website. The file should be located in:
WTF/Account/<AccountName>/<RealmName>/<CharName>/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I'm running Windows XP and I have two local drives, a C and D. Warcraft is in the D drive. I just uninstalled the guild bank uploader , re-download and installed it so it should be up to date.
To be certain, have you tried typing in-game:

/gbk

--
Quote by Hacksta
I'm running Windows XP and I have two local drives, a C and D. Warcraft is in the D drive. I just uninstalled the guild bank uploader , re-download and installed it so it should be up to date.

Also a question I forgot to ask earlier. Have you tried manually uploading this file?

Gotta love work and security. I can read the forums but when I try to access the attached file I get a site blocked error.

LOL Kudos Chops you've finally managed to put up a server that my IT department doesn't like.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I have tried manually uploading and it won't work. Typing /gbk in game does nothing.
When you say "does nothing" do you mean it says "type /help for a list of commands" or does it at least say "GuildBank version..."?

If it says "type /help for commands" then you need to make sure that the mod is running properly by going to the Addons button from the Character Select screen and seeing if the GuildBank mod shows in the list.

--
It said /help for a list of commands, but guild bank is in the addons....
Quote by Hacksta
It said /help for a list of commands, but guild bank is in the addons....

In the Addons box, does it look like this?

Or This

When WoW loads and you actually get to your character, does this message show in your chat window?

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]