Password:

Forgot your password?
Issue with Applications?

Issue with Applications?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Before the update, our applications were posted on the forums. Currently everything appears to work except the applications do not appear on the forums and we seem to have no way to view the apps. The alert box works.

Am I missing a button somewhere?

Thanks in advanced.
Quote by dlbk
Before the update, our applications were posted on the forums. Currently everything appears to work except the applications do not appear on the forums and we seem to have no way to view the apps. The alert box works.

Am I missing a button somewhere?

Thanks in advanced.

Since you say everything worked before I would assume that the correct level is set for the thread tag that an application is created in. You might want to check that in the thread tag settings though.

Now here is something strange that happened to a couple of users on my site. Since the last updates that Chops did their forum filters got messed up. When looking at it the forums appeared to be unfiltered but the only tags they could see were tags that almost Everyone is allowed to see. What I did to fix it and told other to do was to click on Simple Filter and then click the radio button All. Once they did this they could see all the forums including applications.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Thanks for the tip which lead me to this.....

Knowing the admin menu system had changed, I went into the admin panel, click on Menu Administration. Found the "Currently Recruiting Recruiting" section, clicked edit. I noticed the Minimum Rank: was set to "EVERYBODY". So I went to the Admin Ranks section to look at the ranks. Default install did not add a rank of "everybody".

So I went back and changed "Everybody" to NON-MEMBER. Ran a test App and it worked great.

I am really suprised no one else had this problem...

Thanks for leading me in the right direction, much appreciated!!
There is no "Everyone" rank. By setting it to non-member, you'll notice that unless someone creates an account and logs in, they won't see your currently recruiting menu. This is definitely something you want to keep visible for "Everyone" unless, of course, you WANT people to first make an account before seeing what you're recruiting.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]