Forgot your password?
Layout File and CSS

Layout File and CSS
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

My guild site is tnb.dkpsystem.com

I downloaded the Default CSS File after clicking the regenerate it link, and the CSS file I was shown has all the wrong colors in it. How do I get a copy of the active css file?

I also downloaded the Layout.html file in the Full Layout Administration section. I linked it to the css file that I uploaded to the site and uploaded it. I got the menu backgrounds the way that I liked them, but the layout looks nothing like my guild page. I thought this may just be a test layout file, so I hit go live and my webpage looked like the www.dkpsystem.com site instead of my guilds page. I had to revert to the original file.

I think that my layout and css files that I have available for download are not what my site is using. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Please call me at 414.940.4866 (or if you don't get free long distance, call me so I know your number and I can call you from my phone) and I can get into some detail with you. I'm currently on vacation until this coming Sunday, but I want to answer your question and get you all straightened out. If we can't get this working right over the phone, I can actually look at your code and play around with it a bit when I get back.

Sorry about the delay in getting to you, but I can't even open up my email from this dreadful internet connection I'm on here (opening dkpsystem.com forums seriously takes like 5 minutes).

I look forward to hearing from you.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
OMG I feel your pain.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
What do you do when you completly bone your layout.html file?

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
The answer is that you goto http://www.dkpsystem.com/settings/www/layout.html and download a new one.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
I have been modifying the layout.html file to add content to the new customized page. It seems like it is going to be a bit of a process to get this to be where I want it, and it seems that once I do I still can not use the Admin menus to modify layout. Is this the case?

Is it possible that I can modify a css file and have you replace the default.css file? I want to make small change, and I do not think that it is going to be worth all the html coding that I am going to have to do otherwise, not to mention the loss of flexibility that the default site gives me.

I am trying to replace the Menu Heading with a graphic and the menu item background to an image. Just spruce up the plain menus. I am looking at adding just a few lines of code.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
You are partially right in that when you use the Advanced Layout stuff, you do lose a degree of automation with the menus.

If you just add a new item to an existing menu, it will automatically add it to the layout, so it's not a big deal, however, if you add a NEW menu category, then yes, you'll have to modify the layout.html file again to get it added.

When you add a new menu using <!--System:Menu:Whatever-->, that should be all it takes to add a new menu category.

What I can do, is try to add a "Regenerate Default" link to the Layout.html and menufile.html files and use the current layout and menus to try to make them a little easier to tweak.

How does that sound to you?

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Sounds good, lets give it a shot. Thank you, and have a good vacation.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
I redownloaded the layout, menu, and default css file, and when I test them, I get:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /websites/dkpsystem.com/settings/tnb/layouttest/footer.php on line 58

any idea?

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
The bugs have been ironed out and you should be good to go.

----

--

[Back to Index]