Password:

Forgot your password?
Calendar function not working since maintainance this morning

Calendar function not working since maintainance this morning
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi. We have notcied that when an account is logged in all the dates for events are displayed 1 month earlier than they really are. E.g. event for tomorrow (12/05/2007 displays as 12/4/2007). also, when you click in the event to sign up, approve etc, a blank window pops-up (apart from the background picture).

However, if you are not logged into the website and view the calendar as a guest, it appears fine.

This is proving to be embarrasing as we are a new Kinship in LOTRO and people are looking forward to the community. This is a step back.

Please assist

hoj.dkpsystem.com
My apologies, I just fixed this a few minutes ago, probably while you were typing this post. Let me know if it's still looking wrong to you.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
My apologies, I just fixed this a few minutes ago, probably while you were typing this post. Let me know if it's still looking wrong to you.

Wow that was fast

However, only half the problem is resolved. The events are in the right month now, but the detail in the pop-up window is still missing
Thanks for the fix Chops. Events we had planned for the future were not orking, but this is not an issue. I deleted them and recreated an event and this works.

I like the new look Menu Admin function. Works really well.

Cheers
Awesome. Glad you guys are diggin the new menu admin.

--
Rather than starting a new thread, just adding a comment here.

Text with line breaks in the calendar mouseover menu look "good" (i.e. are properly formatted and show line breaks). However, the text in the actual signup window (the one that pops up when you click on the event) has all of the lines running together without link breaks.

Am I doing the line breaks wrong, or is this a slight display bug?

Thanks!

D
Sorry to bring this up Chops, but I have now spent a little time with this.

Creating a new event works wonders.

However, it would appear that if I try to create a new event (after your fix) on the same day as the old events (which may have been deleted), I still get the bug of no detail in the pop up window.

This is not a major concern as I can work amround it, but something you may want to think about.

(sorry to be a pest, but I used to test and analyse web software in a past life)
Thanks man, I definitely appreciate it. I'll see what I can dig up.

Would you be able to help me out by telling me how exactly to reproduce this....PArticularly the date and time of an item to create so I can see the blank page.

--
This is mad stuff. but I am sure you'll have the answer. I have been playing around with the schedule on the calander (and I noticed you had logged into the site whils't I was doing this), but it would appear the significant factor is whether I use an "am" or "pm" in the date and time field. "PMs" appear to give the popup with no data, but the "AMs" appear to work.

I have replicated the exact event over several days on the calendar and simply changed the event time from "am" to "pm". The pattern is certainly consistent.
I think I got it fixed. There was a rogue addition operation in there, that was only really making an impact when the timezones of the user and the server were significantly different.

Thank you for the help in determining the cause.

--
Quote by Chops
I think I got it fixed. There was a rogue addition operation in there, that was only really making an impact when the timezones of the user and the server were significantly different.

Thank you for the help in determining the cause.

Nice going fella... and I gotta say, I am amazed with the turn around. If only industry worked this fast I may never have left it.

Whatever you did worked. And it does appear to be the PM tag.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Rik
Quote by Peligrie
Actually what I've come to understand is that calendar schedule times are different when you're logged out but when you're logged in they appear at the right times (so the GM went in and edited the times because he thought they were wrong when he'd been logged out). I might have missed another thread on this, but why is the time issue happening when we're logged in vs logged out?

When you are logged in your user account profile has a time zone setting on it. Your site has a timezone setting on it. Because these 2 settings can differ when you are logged in you will see the translation from the servers time to your local time. When your logged out you will see the servers time. If the difference from your site and your personal timezone are large you will definitely notice a huge change in time when you are logged out.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Thanks I did a little research on the boards and ended up finding the answer also. Appreciate your explanation on this.

--
http://dragonarmy.dkpsystem.com/news.php
http://www.myspace.com/peligrie

[Back to Index]