Forgot your password?
Time Zone Issues

Time Zone Issues
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
I'm aware of the time zone issues affecting people over the past day (since deploying the User-defined Time Zones).

While I'm pretty sure I have things stabilized, if you're still experiencing issues, please let me know here.

To better aide you, please provide the following information for reference:

1) The Timezone of your site (ie GMT -10)
2) The Time your next raid was to start
3) The Time your next raid actually says it's going to start
4) What the countdown timer says ("X hours until next Raid")
5) And finally, any further information that you might feel is pertinent.

Thank you

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I'm aware of the time zone issues affecting people over the past day (since deploying the User-defined Time Zones).

While I'm pretty sure I have things stabilized, if you're still experiencing issues, please let me know here.

Thank you

Hi,

This is for "thecrusade.dkpsystem.com".
(1)The site is GMT-8 (along with our server, spirestone).
(2,3 & 4) Says next raid is starting in 5hrs or so (correct).

But for me (GMT+10) it says that it is the 1st May already (it is still April 30 here) and that the raid has already occurred (I get the "show who signed up" option). Other guildies are still able to sign up however.

This all seemed fixed the other day, so i'm not sure what has happened now.

Hope this info helps

It does. I made the necessary tweaks and everything should look good now.

--
Quote by Chops
It does. I made the necessary tweaks and everything should look good now.

Still says it is the 1st May in my time zone (it is the 30th).
Still says it is the 1st May in my time zone (it is the 30th).

Alrighty, I think I got that fixed.

--
Ok well this was fixed now it's gone wonky again

1) GMT -8 (Pacific Time altho right now with daylight saving's it's kinda GMT -7)
2) Next Raid is 3:30 pacifc on May 31
3) It says 3:30
4) countdown timer says 27 hours
5) Shoutbox and timestamps are an hour off
Everything I can see on your site says the next raid is at 2:30 PST. Looking at the data, this looks proper. It's possible that you may have scheduled those events while the whole thing was kinda tweaked. Try changing the start times to 3:30 in your Event Schedule and you should be alright.

--
Time zone issue for: http://apockorgath.dkpsystem.com

1. The time zone of our server and site is CST GMT -5
2. time of next raid is 5:30 CST
3. Based on the setting I input of GMT -5, it says our next raid is in 5 hours, should be 2. The raid time I choose of 5:30 CST and it changed to 2:30

Quote by violinteacher
Time zone issue for: http://apockorgath.dkpsystem.com

1. The time zone of our server and site is CST GMT -5
2. time of next raid is 5:30 CST
3. Based on the setting I input of GMT -5, it says our next raid is in 5 hours, should be 2. The raid time I choose of 5:30 CST and it changed to 2:30

What time are you and is your account set accordingly? Your Account and your Website can be set to different timezones. IE I am in Mountain time (GMT-7) While our server is in Central time (GMT-6). If I want to schedule a raid while logged in as me I have to schedule it according to my time. If I want a raid to start at 8pm I have to schedule it for 7pm. That is the beauty of all these options. It does the conversion for me now so I don't have to.

Also GMT-5 is Eastern time. GMT-6 is Central.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
5) And finally, any further information that you might feel is pertinent

www.therapy.dkpsystem.com
timezone is set to GMT -6
next raid starts at May 5th 7pm
website is reporting as May 5th 1pm for some people (reporting correctly for me)
countdown timer reports the correct 16 hours or so until raid time.
the bug is only showing up for some users, others have no problem.
Quote by Eresh
5) And finally, any further information that you might feel is pertinent

www.therapy.dkpsystem.com
timezone is set to GMT -6
next raid starts at May 5th 7pm
website is reporting as May 5th 1pm for some people (reporting correctly for me)
countdown timer reports the correct 16 hours or so until raid time.
the bug is only showing up for some users, others have no problem.

then i guess they don't have the correct times set themselves in their account info

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
Quote by Chops

Thank you

1) GMT -6
2) 7:15 PM
3) 7:15 PM if I am logged into the site as a user. 1:15 AM if I am at front page NOT logged in.
4) 8 Hours 31 mins
5)woh.dkpsystem.com

Thanks in advance Chops
Check the Time zone of your personal account. That's most likely what's throwing it off. It looks right to you because you scheduled that event with the wrong time zone.

--
Quote by Chops
Check the Time zone of your personal account. That's most likely what's throwing it off. It looks right to you because you scheduled that event with the wrong time zone.

Chops Thx for the LIGHTNING FAST response. And also thanks for pointing out the obvious...I am a n00b...lol J/k
Having problems with the time-zone stuff again

Everything looks fine on our site (thecrusade.dkpsystem.com). The time to the next raid is correct, the raid it is referring to is the correct one. This works fine both when I am logged in and when I am logged out.

However, both logged in and not logged in, the calendar says the raid has already been on and won't let me sign up. The calendar seems to think that it is 24hrs later than it actually is, yet the time to next raid is still fine.

Thanks for all your work and Gratz on 1 yr
Heya Chops...

Great to see this post as I came on today to ask about this very thing. I just created a test event and I'm still having time zone issues. Test Events begins today at 6:00PM. I am set to GMT -4. The event countdown timer, as of right now, says ' 15 hours, 45 minutes, and 53 seconds until Test Event !'. The event would only be just under 9 hours away. Also, it seems, although this is unconfirmed, that my Kinship members see a different time other than actual when I schedule something. I had something happening this past Saturday morning at 9:00EDT, and people in my own time zone were asking why the event was at 4:00AM and one person asked why it was at 2:30AM. I'm confused.

Finally, can you or anyone else tell me how to change the color of the countdown timer? It currently blends right into my background and I can figure out how to change it.

Best regards and thanks for the help!

-Nik
Quote by Nikrono
Heya Chops...

Great to see this post as I came on today to ask about this very thing. I just created a test event and I'm still having time zone issues. Test Events begins today at 6:00PM. I am set to GMT -4. The event countdown timer, as of right now, says ' 15 hours, 45 minutes, and 53 seconds until Test Event !'. The event would only be just under 9 hours away. Also, it seems, although this is unconfirmed, that my Kinship members see a different time other than actual when I schedule something. I had something happening this past Saturday morning at 9:00EDT, and people in my own time zone were asking why the event was at 4:00AM and one person asked why it was at 2:30AM. I'm confused.

Finally, can you or anyone else tell me how to change the color of the countdown timer? It currently blends right into my background and I can figure out how to change it.

-Nik

Everyone in the system is going to default to GMT-6 unless they change the time zone on their account. I would make sure that the site and account timezones are correct for everyone. Obviously the only thing you can do for people to make sure they are correct is to tell them the feature exists. Also make sure your not adjusting time when you schedule something. Because your account is in your local time and your server may be in a different time. Use your local time when scheduling. If you want the event to start at 10am local time to you schedule it for 10am. If the server is in a different timezone than you it will automatically adjust for that.

The countdown color is set in the Color Configuration under Amin as Default Text Color. This is the text color for your site so you'll have to make sure you pick a color that works for general text as well.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Nikrono
Heya Chops...

-Nik

Everyone in the system is going to default to GMT-6 unless they change the time zone on their account. I would make sure that the site and account timezones are correct for everyone. Obviously the only thing you can do for people to make sure they are correct is to tell them the feature exists. Also make sure your not adjusting time when you schedule something. Because your account is in your local time and your server may be in a different time. Use your local time when scheduling. If you want the event to start at 10am local time to you schedule it for 10am. If the server is in a different timezone than you it will automatically adjust for that.

The countdown color is set in the Color Configuration under Amin as Default Text Color. This is the text color for your site so you'll have to make sure you pick a color that works for general text as well.

Thanks!

-Nik
A great way to check whether an event is set up correctly is to logout of the sight and see if the time of the raid (and time till next raid) are correct.

As far as my issue, when I log out, it now seems to be ok and the calendar is on the right day. When I log in, it seems to think it is already tomorrow. I am at GMT+9 (East coast Australia) and the website is set to GMT-8 (Spirestone server).

The time to event and everything is working fine, just the day is wrong on the calendar when I log in.
Still having this issue. Something has come up for me in RL and I am unable to retract my signup for tonights raid as the calendar already thinks it is tomorrow and the raid has been on already!

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]