Forgot your password?
Raid DKP

Raid DKP
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi Chops,

Some of our guild officers have been beating themselves up trying to get started using DKP and the website. Any chance you could do a quick... this is what you download and do to get it started working... the finer points we can figure out as we go.

Stuff like... download a complete item list here and upload it this way... or enter them one at a time and manually stuff. Looks like really cool stuff on the website and we just want to get started figuring it out and using it.

And we will take any advise on this from those with experience using this interface. So feel free to post to the noob (ie. me).

Thanks everyone and especially chops for making such a kick (explative) place for guilds like mine. Our site is getting nothing but love from our members.
Thanks for the compliments...I always appreciate hearing that others are appreciating my work here.

I do have an essay in the works on the actual process of creating and working with the DKP System on your site, a step by step guide.

Before I start though, have your guys read the FAQ? There are quite a few things in the FAQ that describe how the system works: Using the Mod to Upload, Manually Entering Raids, Recording Received Items, etc.

The idea of "How do I start with the DKP System" is a HUGE question. If you have a few more specific questions, I can provide answers.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Fair enough Chops...

I'll sit with them and come up with a list of specific questions. We've all done the FAQ thing... and I think we got the once its up and running a way to manage it. We are having that figuring out certain one time starting steps type thing.

Like do you need a program other than DKP snapshot on the website? If so.. which one?

Is there a place to download item files and upload them en mass instead of one at a time?

Those are the 2 big ones off the top of my head. We all understand DKP for items and know how we want to implement it... just the logistics questions.
Fair enough Chops...

I'll sit with them and come up with a list of specific questions. We've all done the FAQ thing... and I think we got the once its up and running a way to manage it. We are having that figuring out certain one time starting steps type thing.

I hear ya.

Like do you need a program other than DKP snapshot on the website? If so.. which one?

Negative. GRSS is the only mod used for the DKP System, right now.

Is there a place to download item files and upload them en mass instead of one at a time?

Unfortunately, there isn't one. I find the most convenient way of doing it is to create the items as they drop, since doing so takes only a few seconds, when using the "Not Listed" Link on the "Items Received" page.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Thanks Chops,

As always.. straight up good answers. We'll keep playing and I'll add questions as they come up if we cannot figure em out. Knowing that Grss was the only mod has already allowed us to start testing the waters.

Thanks again
Chops,

We figured out all the manual entry stuff for raids... A+ for ease of use. We are still trying to figure out the GRSS but playing will hopefully solve some of our noobyness.

Due to our exessive playing we managed to create a DKP system other than Default that we need deleted though. Its name is actually blank but it is there.

Also, How do you delete someone with DKP from your List say if they leave guild or you just don't want them tracked anymore?

Thanks again
Chops,

We figured out all the manual entry stuff for raids... A+ for ease of use. We are still trying to figure out the GRSS but playing will hopefully solve some of our noobyness.

Due to our exessive playing we managed to create a DKP system other than Default that we need deleted though. Its name is actually blank but it is there.

Also, How do you delete someone with DKP from your List say if they leave guild or you just don't want them tracked anymore?

Thanks again

When someone quits, you have two options.

1) Delete the Charcter. This deletes all Raids and Received Items for that character and is unreversable, so if they rejoin/come back/whatever, then they're SOL.

2) Go into the "Charcter and Roster" edit page and mark them as "Retired/Quit" and that will remove their name from the Roster and Current Standings. I tend to prefer this, to use even as propoganda, as a way of showing how many items you have received, and then there's an accurate raid history.

----

--

[Back to Index]