Password:

Forgot your password?
another problem

another problem
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

im trying to access http://nexusguild.dkpsystem.com/settings/nexusguild/files/ to get some files i uploaded for a splash screen im makeing. lil help pls
You can get that list of files from the Administrative File Upload section. Then you just need to append the filename to that particular file.

Ya know what? Gimme a minute and I'll modify the Administrative File Upload page to be a little clearer for you.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Alrighty, I modified the Adminsitrative File Upload page to include full path so it's clear where the files exist.

Is this kind of what you're looking for?

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Well i dont nkow if you seen my splash page but im trying to put the intro video on there and cant get it to work kinda like live stream, can i do that with this site? se, i figured if i uploaded it to my site i could feed it through there....can i?
Looking at the code of the splash screen, I see that the file that you're linking too is a little off..

If you notice, the NexusGuild.wmv, in this case, will be searching in the root directory of the server.

While, on your news section, you have it streaming from http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=60403&CID=33252

I just modified the settings of the site to accept slightly larger file uploads, so if you were to upload that file to your Administrative Directory, it'd end up being here:

http://nexusguild.dkpsystem.com/settings/nexusguild/files/NexusGuild.wmv

So your embed tag would look something like

<EMBED src="/settings/nexusguild/files/NexusGuild.wmv" border="0" autostart="false" loop="false" width="441" height="263">

How big is your splash video, by the way?

----

--
55.7 mb sweet so i can live stream from my site now?

is it to big?
eek....gimme a sec...right now the max file size is 20meg

----

--
Alrighty, go ahead and try. I'm considering keeping the configuration like this simply because with large file limits like this, it wouldn't take long for a few guilds uploading several large files to fill up the hard drive of the server, and the last thing I want to have to do is either 1) tell new guilds "sorry, the hard drive is full, you can't upload anything" or 2) start deleting existing guilds' data to make room.

----

--
so your not gonna leave the setting? confused me there. but anyways thanks bro sorry for the trouble lately
so your not gonna leave the setting? confused me there. but anyways thanks bro sorry for the trouble lately

I'm stil ldebating it. I'll leave it for now, unless I start seeing a problem coming up.

----

--
thanks man got it up and working
Not a problem. My only real concern here is that apparently, my server doesn't stream the data for you.

Not sure what it'll take to make it do that, to be honest.

Your best bet might be to get that converted to a streaming flash or something, or to find a server that allows you to stream data for free (or maybe a nominal fee), such that it'll load right away (otherwise people won't even wait for the video to load on the splash screen).

----

--

KK got another one for ya, how come when i set the rank to the thread for our denied and pending applications to "public" it still wont let them see it?

KK got another one for ya, how come when i set the rank to the thread for our denied and pending applications to "public" it still wont let them see it?

Ahh...it actually creates the thread as a private thread. Also make sure that they have access to the Thread Tag that it creates it with.

I supposed I can make it an option to make the Threads Private or not.

----

--
So, if you did that i dont see it lol srry
So, if you did that i dont see it lol srry

No, I haven't implemented that yet. Right now they'll all get created as private threads.

----

--

[Back to Index]