Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS -> Kara Opera Wizard of Oz ... Crone ONLY!!!

GRSS -> Kara Opera Wizard of Oz ... Crone ONLY!!!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Ok. You've got snapshots being taken automatically when Dorothee, Roar, Tinhead... etc all die.

The event isn't actually over until the Crone dies though. Just snapshot on the crone.

Taking snapshots on all those other ones is just adding big lag every time one of them dies.
Actually... thought of another way to fine tune the snapshotting so that it doesn't take a snapshot when I kill things like Garrick Padfoot over in Elwynn.

You could compare the name and the sub-zone or zone name as well as doing a comparison on the name. After all... Garr should only be in MC, not in Elwynn.
Are you still pondering adding the option to turn off the addon except when in raids?

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
I'd thought about posing a suggestion along those lines too, in regards to the opera events.

The Wizard of Oz event you can tell easily when it's over - the Crone dies - but the Romeo and Juliet one would be tough to ascertain =\
Unless you can check to see they both die twice or something, but I don't know how well that'd work.

Similarly, either checking for the name exactly (ie Garr matches only Garr, and not Garrick) or like the above guy said and check name and subzone against known ones.

--
. : Keela
Designer of www.renewal-guild.com
I'll be sure to tweak the GRSS to have all the other zones accounted for, and fix the Oz event.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The chess event is also not auto snapshotting.

Can GRSS catch the text in a some in game speech? You could capture the end of event text instead of watching for boss corpsification.
Can GRSS catch the text in a some in game speech? You could capture the end of event text instead of watching for boss corpsification.

It sure can. What is said and by whom at the end of the chess event?

--
Quote by Chops
It sure can. What is said and by whom at the end of the chess event?

I'll try and cap something this week.
Ends with a system emote:

The halls of Karazhan shake, as the curse binding the doors of the Gamesman's Hall is lifted.
Ooh, ooh, I got one!

On the Prince Malchezzar fight, GRSS goes off and takes random snapshots throughout, generally starting when he hits about phase 2. However, I can't figure out why it takes snaps any other time. Just seems pretty random. Also, when the pics are taken, it shows on my log as "Netherspite." Eh?

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up. Thanks for the help!

~ Q
Interesting. Check the combat log when this happens to see if there's anything that might make sense. Is Malchezzar yelling anything, or are there mobs that are named similarly with "Netherspite" dying (ie, the Onyxian Whelps where an early trouble for the GRSS as every Whelp that died resulted in a snapshot).

--
Quote by Chops
Interesting. Check the combat log when this happens to see if there's anything that might make sense. Is Malchezzar yelling anything, or are there mobs that are named similarly with "Netherspite" dying (ie, the Onyxian Whelps where an early trouble for the GRSS as every Whelp that died resulted in a snapshot).

It happens whenever an infernal dies.

It happens whenever an infernal dies.

Yup, figured this out just yesterday.

--

[Back to Index]