Password:

Forgot your password?
GuildBank profile uploaded but data not posted on guild site

GuildBank profile uploaded but data not posted on guild site
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I have successfully installed the guildbank mod and it has reported having uploaded the profiles for all 3 of my horde toons; however, the data for my main is not being posted. The data for my two alts are being posted.

My main has a special character in its name. The name is:

Thark没n [EDIT: This should have read: Thark鹡]

I did use the special character(没) [EDIT: 鸧 when creating the character on my guild site.

When I open my saved variables file (in a text editor), the name for this character is displayed as:

GuildBank = {
["Thark没n"] = {

Could this be the cause of my data not uploading and if so, are there any work arounds?

Thanks!
Quote by tharkun
I have successfully installed the guildbank mod and it has reported having uploaded the profiles for all 3 of my horde toons; however, the data for my main is not being posted. The data for my two alts are being posted.

Thark没n

I did use the special character(没) when creating the character on my guild site.

When I open my saved variables file (in a text editor), the name for this character is displayed as:

GuildBank = {
["Thark没n"] = {

Could this be the cause of my data not uploading and if so, are there any work arounds?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I see the problem. How it shows that you spelled it and it is displayed look the same.

However yes if the name does not match the name of a character associated to your account 100% then it won't upload. LUA has a problem with ASCII decode and attempts to replace it in UNICODE which is not the same for the special characters. The only way to get around this on your site is to change the name of the character on the website to what it is showing in the lua file.

Chops I know you were looking at this. Did you ever find a way to map out the special characters so they are interpreted correctly in the saved variables file?

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by tharkun

Thark没n

I did use the special character(没) when creating the character on my guild site.

GuildBank = {
["Thark没n"] = {

Thanks!

I'm not sure I see the problem. How it shows that you spelled it and it is displayed look the same.

However yes if the name does not match the name of a character associated to your account 100% then it won't upload. LUA has a problem with ASCII decode and attempts to replace it in UNICODE which is not the same for the special characters. The only way to get around this on your site is to change the name of the character on the website to what it is showing in the lua file.

Chops I know you were looking at this. Did you ever find a way to map out the special characters so they are interpreted correctly in the saved variables file?

Actually, they didnt match at first. My name on the guild site was using ascii code and the LUA was using unicode (or vice versa). I tried creating a character named to match what's in the LUA file (copied and pasted the name from the LUA file), but that didnt resolve the issue either. Not sure if it would help, but st.dkpsystem.com is our site. You will see both characters created. The character with the carroted U in the name is the first one I tried to create.

I appreciate your time and the prompt reply.
Quote by tharkun

Actually, they didnt match at first. My name on the guild site was using ascii code and the LUA was using unicode (or vice versa). I tried creating a character named to match what's in the LUA file (copied and pasted the name from the LUA file), but that didnt resolve the issue either. Not sure if it would help, but st.dkpsystem.com is our site. You will see both characters created. The character with the carroted U in the name is the first one I tried to create.

I appreciate your time and the prompt reply.

Following up: Any other ideas on how to resove this issue (aside from recreating the character)?

Tried creating profiles for:

Thark鹡 (how it appears in game)

and
Thark没n (how it appears in LUA file)

Neither one resolved the issue. My apologies for not being accurate/clear in my original post.

[Back to Index]