Password:

Forgot your password?
Roster: Main/Alt?

Roster: Main/Alt?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Where does the main/alt flag come from? I imported my guild with some 260 toons and set the main/alt for the initial import. Im now going back to update the list w/ new levels, etc, and it seems to want to set all the account to main by default (well, most, some are alt, but bottom line i rather have it left alone after the initial install.)
Quote by lonkley
Where does the main/alt flag come from? I imported my guild with some 260 toons and set the main/alt for the initial import. Im now going back to update the list w/ new levels, etc, and it seems to want to set all the account to main by default (well, most, some are alt, but bottom line i rather have it left alone after the initial install.)

It should be set on each profile of each character. Admin > Characters and Accounts > Characters

Once they are set an import won't change that status as far as I have every seen.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun

It should be set on each profile of each character. Admin > Characters and Accounts > Characters

Once they are set an import won't change that status as far as I have every seen.

Something happened, my entire list is wrong, and going through 260 accounts one at a time is not going to be fun. I rather have them all set to alt, and single the mains.
What it does specifically is when the character exists, it checks to see if it's a main or alt so that re-uploading should never mess with it.

Otherwise it defaults to "Main" unless the guild notes contain the term "alt" somewhere.

That said, you can always tell your members to change the main/alt specification themselves by editing their characters. All they have to do is edit their main, set it to "Main" and click Save, and all their other characters will by default switch to alt.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I would just suggest changing the initial upload to alt, since their are many people who just wont use a website ever, and it adds clutter to identifying who is who with the filter. For now i guess I will just go make the changes once the bulk of my guild has migrated.

Thanks

[Back to Index]