Password:

Forgot your password?
layout uploading problem

layout uploading problem
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

hey chops, i uploaded my layout.html after taking one of my comments outs, tested it, it looked good i went live and now i have this: http://darkwrath.dkpsystem.com/test.php

I looked over my code and tested it and it should be good. not sure if i fucked something up or what. but for now i'm reverted back to the default till i can get my layout uploaded good. right now i can't upload a new one.

----
Looks like you uploaded the layout file to the menu file

Edit: just checked, YEP that's exactly what you did.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Looks like you uploaded the layout file to the menu file

Edit: just checked, YEP that's exactly what you did.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

LOL wow i'm retarded. the one morning i try the no coffee thing and now i can't read.

Edit: fixed thx. off to the coffee machine i go!

----
hehe

----

--
Chops, I have been trying to understand your layout options and can't figure out how to edit this. http://seventhhouse.dkpsystem.com/settings/seventhhouse/layout.html. Is this coming up right or is there something missing for me to be able to take this and edit it. All I’m trying to do at the moment is to be able to put menu items either on the left or right of my page. I know a little HTML programming but this doesn’t show up to me in the norm HTML coding.

Thanks Chops and sorry if I seam needy. Just trying to get all my guild bugs out of the way so I can figure out a good DKP system and get the guild on its way of being able to get the info they need fast and easy.

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
haha. Looks like you uploaded a CSS File where it's expecting a Layout File.

The links for "Layout File" and "Menu File" are both supposed to be downloaded and used as the default, and from there you can modify things.

The Layout File is actually supposed to be an HTML file.

AFter that, if you wish to modify the CSS file, that should be uploaded to the Administrative File Upload part (and relinked in the Layout File accordingly).

If you aren't quite fluent in HTML, it's not an easy task at all, but that's one of the caveats that come with full control. If you want (if you don't have it backed up), I can restore your layout file to the default so you have something to work with.

----

--
haha. Looks like you uploaded a CSS File where it's expecting a Layout File.

The links for "Layout File" and "Menu File" are both supposed to be downloaded and used as the default, and from there you can modify things.

The Layout File is actually supposed to be an HTML file.

AFter that, if you wish to modify the CSS file, that should be uploaded to the Administrative File Upload part (and relinked in the Layout File accordingly).

If you aren't quite fluent in HTML, it's not an easy task at all, but that's one of the caveats that come with full control. If you want (if you don't have it backed up), I can restore your layout file to the default so you have something to work with.

----

I thought that maybe the case. Yes please reload my default

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle

[Back to Index]