Password:

Forgot your password?
GuildBank error...

GuildBank error...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I'm using both GuildBank and GRSS, of which I have the latest versions. Ever since the patch today, GuildBank freezes WoW when I try to log into my lvl 60. I've tried disabling both GB & GRSS and logging into my lvl 60 is no problem. When I have both active and log into my lvl 13, I don't experience the issue. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it but I still can't log in to the 60 char with the addons enabled.
I'm working on a solution and will be releasing a fix for it later today. Sorry about the inconvenience here.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I'm working on a solution and will be releasing a fix for it later today. Sorry about the inconvenience here.

No problem at all. Just making sure you were aware because I love the mods and the site. Keep up the good work.

No problem at all. Just making sure you were aware because I love the mods and the site. Keep up the good work.

Thanks mate! I'm working to try to figure this out. The problem is retardedly hard to figure out when I can't reproduce it.

--
Quote by Chops

Thanks mate! I'm working to try to figure this out. The problem is retardedly hard to figure out when I can't reproduce it.

Chops if you want to make a version that echoes out to a chat frame I can let you know where the code is dying for me. I have tried the GB mod of two laptops and a desktop PC and all of them lock up. I will give it a whirl on my Mac Dev box and see what happens. Thats why I am fairly surprised that you not experiencing the same behavior.
Here is the current error that I am getting with Guild Bank:

Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to call global 'GRSSNumNilZero' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: GRSSNumNilZero()
GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:388: GB_StoreBag()
GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:467: GB_StorePlayerItems()
GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:83: GuildBank_OnEvent()
[string "GuildBankFrame:OnEvent"]:2:
[string "GuildBankFrame:OnEvent"]:1

Hope that helps you out.

--
Quote by Eliminate
Here is the current error that I am getting with Guild Bank:

Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Debug:
[C]: GRSSNumNilZero()
GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:388: GB_StoreBag()
GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:467: GB_StorePlayerItems()
GuildBank\GuildBank.lua:83: GuildBank_OnEvent()
[string "GuildBankFrame:OnEvent"]:2:
[string "GuildBankFrame:OnEvent"]:1

Hope that helps you out.
That's the "GB needs GRSS" problem. Not sure if it's gonna get fixed with the next go round, but the work-around is to load up GRSS.

The current show stopper locks up the client - probably a tight infinite loop in the code.
That's the "GB needs GRSS" problem. Not sure if it's gonna get fixed with the next go round, but the work-around is to load up GRSS.

I fixed that with 0.41 and I thought I fixed the lockup bug with 0.41 as well, but I was wrong. For the life of me, I couldn't reproduce the lockup bug.

--
Quote by Chops

I fixed that with 0.41 and I thought I fixed the lockup bug with 0.41 as well, but I was wrong. For the life of me, I couldn't reproduce the lockup bug.

I am receiving a similar error to Eliminate but different number. My error is:

I am receiving a similar error to Eliminate but different number. My error is:

That's still an old version. Be sure to download the latest (version 0.42)

--
Get the NEw new version (0.42):

http://www.dkpsystem.com/files/GuildBank.zip

--
Quote by Chops
Get the NEw new version (0.42):

http://www.dkpsystem.com/files/GuildBank.zip

Thanks! Installed the new version. Not getting the error anymore but it is not creating the WTF/Account/<AccountName>/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua file either. Any way to force the file creation? I've reinstalled over and over and still not creating the file.

Thanks!

Thanks! Installed the new version. Not getting the error anymore but it is not creating the WTF/Account/<AccountName>/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua file either. Any way to force the file creation? I've reinstalled over and over and still not creating the file.

When WoW loads, type /gbk

You should get a notification on the order of "GuildBank Mod Version 0.42 loaded"

Once that's done, close WoW. Now you have to be careful here, there are two different "SavedVariables" folders to look out for here.

The first one is

WTF/Account/AccountName/RealmName/CharacterName/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua

That is the WRONG file

The next one is

WTF/Account/AccountName/SavedVariables/GuildBank.lua

This is the right file, Make sure you're looking there.

--
Quote by Chops

You should get a notification on the order of "GuildBank Mod Version 0.42 loaded"

Once that's done, close WoW. Now you have to be careful here, there are two different "SavedVariables" folders to look out for here.

The first one is

That is the WRONG file

The next one is

great work chops i got it working!
Hope this one didnt have you in a rage
Quote by Chops

The first one is

That is the WRONG file

The next one is

I got it working! Yeah my guild bank is back! Thanks for all your help!

[Back to Index]