Password:

Forgot your password?
Problem parsing?

Problem parsing?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

We ran a test raid the other night, doing 45 min baron in strath.

I took 3 snapshots during the raid. One at the start, one after one of the minis, and the third after killing baron (not even close to 45 min, btw =).

When I uploaded, it showed all 5 members in a single line, as an unrecognized player. I opened the lua file, and noticed not all 3 snapshots were spaced correctly, so they didn't appear to parse right.

In 2 cases, it was:

player1,player2,player3,player4,player5

In the other, it was correct:

player1, player2, player3, player4, player5

Sorry if this was already addressed. I tried to search for it, but didn't see anything.

Thanks for any input.

----
A Leprechaun?! I'll hang him by his feet and beat him like a pinata until the gold falls out!

--
A Leprechaun?! I'll hang him by his feet and beat him like a pinata until the gold falls out!
WHoa..That's really wierd. I've seen situations where wow messes up the files by inserting random characters, but this certainly doesn't sound like it. Could you upload the lua file it made so I can test please?

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Well, as fate would have it, I actually opened it in a text editor, and when I saw the spacing issue, I modified it manually. So I didn't keep the original file.

Your response tells me I'm the first to have this issue, so... we are raiding again tonight. If It happens again, I'll respond to this thread with the file attached. If it doesn't happen again, I'll respond to the thread that it must have been a fluke or something, and we can just keep our eyes out for it in the future.

Sorry I didn't back up the original. I was still in "learning mode" for the site, and it didn't occur to me to save it, as much as see what would happen if I fixed the spacing.

----

--
Well, still f*cked up. Here is the file, non-edited.

----

--
Notice on most of the RAID settings, no spaces after the commas. I'll manually fix this one, but hopefully this is enough to help you fix it up.

By the way, just so I give you all the info you need:

- I'm running Windows XP x64
- I type /grss [battle] for each mini/main/start/end
- I did delete the file last time after ULing it... so this should be a fresh file.

If you need anything more, you can get my email from my account. Feel free to email me.

----

--
Thanks for the file, I'll be sure to check it out tomorrow and have it resolved for you most likely by the end of tomorrow.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
All set. Go ahead and download the new version of GRSS. There was indeed a typo in the new "5-man parties" part of the importer.

Thanks for the heads up there.

----

--
Wow. Awesome. Gotta say, as a senior software developer myself, I am impressed at the attention you give to your clients. Not to mention your avatar is from one of my favorite movies of all time! (This really pisses me off to no end!).

Thanks. I'll test it tomorrow night on our raid, and let you know how it works.

----

--
Wow. Awesome. Gotta say, as a senior software developer myself, I am impressed at the attention you give to your clients. Not to mention your avatar is from one of my favorite movies of all time! (This really pisses me off to no end!).

Thanks. I'll test it tomorrow night on our raid, and let you know how it works.

----

Awesome! Happy to please.

I actually find giving individual attention to gamers rather easy, actually. Gamers are definitely one of the coolest groups to support because, well, we're all dorks. Saying "dude" in a support call isn't going to seem "too informal" to a gamer. I've taken support calls with my fiance nearby, and after I tell her it was just a dkpsystem support call she's like "oh wow...you sounded like you were talking to one of your friends."

It's a rather pleasant experience, overall.

"Time is money to a guy like me, and your PHONE IS DEAD by the way"

A few months ago, I was bored and made these...hehe

----

--
Ha! Those are great!

----

--

[Back to Index]