Password:

Forgot your password?
Offensive Profile/Avatars

Offensive Profile/Avatars
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hi- I am wondering if there is a way for the Administrator/Owner to remove offensive avatars from an account on the forums.

Also, I'm trying to clean up the Roster a bit and I noticed that some people have entered our own guild name in their profile instead of leaving it blank. I'd like to erase those from the Roster page since it's obvious these people ARE in our guild. Is there a way the Admin (me) can do this?

Thanks.

--
Peligrie- lvl 60 Warlock
Zerofever- lvl 60 Paladin
Frosting- lvl 55 Druid
<insert name>-lvl...0 Alliance Shaman
http://ctprofiles.net/4803602
Not yet, all of those features you mentioned should be finished soon. In fact, I think I'll be getting to those today.

Edit: In the meantime, you have members who use your site from work, you could have them go to "Edit your Account Profile" and uncheck the boxes for "Show Avatars" and "Show Sigs"

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thank you. The avatar thing is a sensitive one as someone just chose to place something offensive to a few people, so it looks like in this particular case Administrative action will need to be taken (when it can be) so I can get it off the boards since I can't contact the member until late tonight.

I appreciate you working on it and thank you for the added suggestion. If it was a possibility right now, I'd go for it.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with people who post in that manner, but seeing as we have many different people, backgrounds, and ages...I have to step in and mediate since it does bother some other people.

Thanks again.

--
Peligrie- lvl 60 Warlock
Frosting- lvl 55 Druid
Quote by Madalliam
Thank you. The avatar thing is a sensitive one as someone just chose to place something offensive to a few people, so it looks like in this particular case Administrative action will need to be taken (when it can be) so I can get it off the boards since I can't contact the member until late tonight.

I appreciate you working on it and thank you for the added suggestion. If it was a possibility right now, I'd go for it.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with people who post in that manner, but seeing as we have many different people, backgrounds, and ages...I have to step in and mediate since it does bother some other people.

Thanks again.

Warning I'm being rather blunt
So I'm a dick and you can call me one openly when it comes to how I handle harassment and racism type things.

If I were you I would go in under the Website Account in the admin section and disable their account. It's harsh but its the only course if action you have to take at the moment. It won't stop the avatar from showing but it will prevent them from using the site. That will force them to contact you. When they contact you it can be explained and stated that hey...Look either change it or you lose the right to use it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Good idea. Thank you. I will take that into consideration, though I think that my assumption that I didn't have to post "Don't post inappropriate content" was wrong and I will be posting something along those lines and what the consequences are if they do that for the future before I just ban them. I guess I should have done the Kindergarten thing from the start and warned them first. You just don't think you have to until it happens.

Once I have some actual control over what they post in their avatars I'll be more comfortable making a real statement.

Again, thank you for the suggestion. It is definately one I'll be chewing on to decide if I will go through with it now or wait until I can just wipe it out later.

And...you're not a d*ck if you're upholding the integrity and trust of the people who look to you to make things right Thanks again.

--
Peligrie- lvl 60 Warlock
Frosting- lvl 55 Druid
Chops this is where that Terms of Use for Guilds would come in very handy. Now that I am thinking about it. I would rather this be on the front end of the account creation system. Give each GM/Admin the ability to put together a Terms of Use for their guild site. This might have some general use information to address issues like Madalliam is fighting against but also some guild specific things. Then if they click decline or disagree the can't even make an account on the system. This would also fix an issue I was pondering with how would you ensure that everyone has to read it.

On first implementation it would be nice for existing users to be forced to go through it the next time they viewed the site and have it automatically disable their account if they don't accept it.

--
Quote by Madalliam
And...you're not a d*ck if you're upholding the integrity and trust of the people who look to you to make things right Thanks again.

And sorry for the vulgarity though it was minor....you made a post about sanitizing things in the forums then I come out with a rude comment.

--
haha, really, it's ok. I'm not offended. I'm certainly not a Puritan. But I am at work so...last thing I need is someone walking by and me typing the wrong word. Just c-m-a.

And... wait. I re-read my post above. If you thought I meant "inappropriate" in terms of what you said, that's not what I meant. I meant that I should have made the "inappropriate" thing clear to my guildies, I wasn't directing it to you. I knew what I meant to say but in re-reading what I wrote I saw it could have been taken in a different angle. Sorry for any misunderstanding if there was one.

Smile. Only 6 days left til BC. *drool*

--
Peligrie- lvl 60 Warlock
Frosting- lvl 55 Druid
Quote by Madalliam
haha, really, it's ok. I'm not offended. I'm certainly not a Puritan. But I am at work so...last thing I need is someone walking by and me typing the wrong word. Just c-m-a.

And... wait. I re-read my post above. If you thought I meant "inappropriate" in terms of what you said, that's not what I meant. I meant that I should have made the "inappropriate" thing clear to my guildies, I wasn't directing it to you. I knew what I meant to say but in re-reading what I wrote I saw it could have been taken in a different angle. Sorry for any misunderstanding if there was one.

Smile. Only 6 days left til BC. *drool*

Nope I understood you perfectly hence my post to Chops about a TOS type system some guild have been requesting that he is looking at. I too reread my post and your orginal and realized that the whole subject was about sanitizing and offensive nature and I just go and put in a minor expletive. lol

--
Haha. Ok.

--
Peligrie- lvl 60 Warlock
Frosting- lvl 55 Druid
Implemented.

Head to Admin > Website Accounts

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Awesome. Thank you so much