Password:

Forgot your password?
Looking for help

Looking for help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I need a web designer(mainly graphics). I have no clue how to do any of it.

if anyone would be willing to help pay would be involved
I'm in talks with a potential web designer right now. I'd like to find someone to whom I can refer projects just as you're suggesting.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
You better let him know I am sure their are tons of guilds out there that would want him. I want my site to kick ass, but don't have the time or know how to do it myself.
You better let him know I am sure their are tons of guilds out there that would want him. I want my site to kick ass, but don't have the time or know how to do it myself.

Indeed. I've already talked to a few graphic guys I know, but so far, they've all turned me down.

I'll find one. This one guy I'm working on right now has come highly recommended, so hopefully he'll be able to start cranking out some sweet sites.

--

Indeed. I've already talked to a few graphic guys I know, but so far, they've all turned me down.

I'll find one. This one guy I'm working on right now has come highly recommended, so hopefully he'll be able to start cranking out some sweet sites.

I don't know. It's cool to have that option available. Whether my site rocked in the minds of others or not I don't think I'd care. If it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye and it is functional is all that matters for me. I guess I just take pride in my own work even if someone else's is better. I enjoy looking at other peoples work and the things they have put into it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
How much experience do you have compare to my none?

I want it to look good I have an idea of what I want just putting it together is what I need help with
How much experience do you have compare to my none?

I want it to look good I have an idea of what I want just putting it together is what I need help with

I'm still waiting on a response from that guy, but I hope I hear from him soon.

--
Hello,

I recently started working on a DKPSystem website for my guild. I've created an html template for the pages, which seems to work except for one thing. I don't know how to move the dynamic content (news, photo galleries, etc.) into my central parchment textured frame. (currently the content just appears at the bottom of the page)

http://crimsonbloodclan.dkpsystem.com/news.php

Any help would be appreciated!
Hello,

I recently started working on a DKPSystem website for my guild. I've created an html template for the pages, which seems to work except for one thing. I don't know how to move the dynamic content (news, photo galleries, etc.) into my central parchment textured frame. (currently the content just appears at the bottom of the page)

http://crimsonbloodclan.dkpsystem.com/news.php

Any help would be appreciated!

Ah it looks like you missing a couple standard statements.
<!-- System:Title -->
<!-- System: PageDesc -->
<!-- System:Content -->

The first 2 are the header names for the page. The last one is the key with is the Content class. If you don't have these you'll want to insert them. Probably putting the Title and Description in a frame above your Parchment and the Content in the parchment frame.

Hope that helps and is all it is.

Edited

Hmm ok I scrolled down a little and saw the actually content so you have those classes listed but it looks like they are not in the right location. Unlike Chops I can't see your code readily. If you want to post your layout file I'll look more closely and see if I can see the error or I am sure other here that do their only layouts might be able to comment and land a hand also.

--
any news?
any news?

No. I'm guessing the guy is on vacation or something for the holidays. I'll try again after the new year.

--
I just talked to the guy and his firm seems both capable and reasonably priced.

Their firm charges $60/hour for work. Assuming you can provide some graphics (such as for your logo or background), they can pretty much do the rest.

I'm not sure exactly how long a project like these would take, but he'll have the help of me to answer any technical questions he might have or technical limitations.

I'm waiting for him to get back to me (next day or two he said) and then I'll be able to start referring people to him.

--
Know any good people that know how to make banners/graphics? cause I don't even have a program that could do it.

And thanks Chops for doing this. Its a great service for everyone like me.
Quote by Healster
Know any good people that know how to make banners/graphics? cause I don't even have a program that could do it.

And thanks Chops for doing this. Its a great service for everyone like me.

This might sound like a lame suggestion but here goes. You might look and see if there is a graphic arts school or community college in your area. These guys are always starving for money. You might be able to put up an add on a bulletin board in the lobby and offer some nominal fee to have someone make you a kickass banner for beer money.

--
This might sound like a lame suggestion but here goes. You might look and see if there is a graphic arts school or community college in your area. These guys are always starving for money. You might be able to put up an add on a bulletin board in the lobby and offer some nominal fee to have someone make you a kickass banner for beer money.

I hadn't thought about that, but that's a fantastic idea.

--
Quote by Chops
I hadn't thought about that, but that's a fantastic idea.

Everyone needs something to put on their resume. Every company wants to see examples of your work. For students in Web Design or Graphic Arts this is a great way to start learning about Client interaction and have a non school related project that they can show they did something on.

--

[Back to Index]