Forgot your password?
Ranks vs DKP and Snapshots

Ranks vs DKP and Snapshots
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hi,

We are currently setting up our guild site and have some questions on the DKP system.
1) We assign DKP percentages by level instead of rank, therefore the current option wont work unless we changed it to the levels however then we wouldnt be able to assign the ranks and access properly. Is there anyway around this? (I know I can manually enter the values).
2) When I take multiple snapshots during a raid it parses each Snapshot as a seperate instance. We Assign points for Instance attendance only, and not by the Boss. For instance if we start a raid and some members leave 1/2 way through. Ive taken 2 snapshots, one which shows everyone, and one after members have left. Do I only record the first and manually deduct points from the members that left early?
3) we also award some points to members who donate certain items to the guild. is there a way to manually credit members with DKP other than through a raid?

Thanks,

Hocus
There's always some new requests for DKP setups, it's very interesting the variation presented.
1) We assign DKP percentages by level instead of rank, therefore the current option wont work unless we changed it to the levels however then we wouldnt be able to assign the ranks and access properly. Is there anyway around this? (I know I can manually enter the values).

Let's see. First, do you do it in some form of Tiered setup? Like levels 30-40 receive a set amount, and levels 41-50 receive a different set amount, or is it more of a smooth curve to the effect of FullPoints*(Level/60)?

You COULD give the characters different ranks than the accounts as a workaround, the only real alternative is manual entering, at this point.

Are there that many raids with sub-60s that this is really a huge problem?

Finally, I'll get into a bit of a policy thing: is it a good idea to award points on level rather than rank? Once you hit 60, that's it, there's no more leveling.

2) When I take multiple snapshots during a raid it parses each Snapshot as a seperate instance. We Assign points for Instance attendance only, and not by the Boss. For instance if we start a raid and some members leave 1/2 way through. Ive taken 2 snapshots, one which shows everyone, and one after members have left. Do I only record the first and manually deduct points from the members that left early?

In this case, the method you mention would work. Another thought would be a "Raid Merger." You upload 5 snapshots, and create 5 raids. Then merge those 5 raids, summing up the points of all attendees. That would be an alternative, but I'd need to build the interface (which I think would be a useful feature). I'm also planning on building a simple CTRaidTracker uploader for those guilds who award points on an hourly basis.

3) we also award some points to members who donate certain items to the guild. is there a way to manually credit members with DKP other than through a raid?

Right now, there isn't a smooth way to accomplish this, but "DKP Adjustments" is one of the next items on the feature list to be implemented, and you can expect it within two weeks.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Let's see. First, do you do it in some form of Tiered setup? Like levels 30-40 receive a set amount, and levels 41-50 receive a different set amount, or is it more of a smooth curve to the effect of FullPoints*(Level/60)?

The amount of points earned is multiplied by a modifier: Lvl 60 would be (points x 1), lvl 59 would be (points x .9), and so on down the line. The reason we opted for that method is, as a small guild just now reaching the point where we will be taking on some of the larger raid instances, we want to ensure (while still being fair) that the people who will be needed most (lvl 60s) have a slight advantage in acquiring the armor and items needed to be successful in the larger instances. The slight boost in DKP over the lower lvls helps while at the same time not giving them an edge over, say, a lvl 58 or 59 that always attends raids if the 60 doesnt.

Are there that many raids with sub-60s that this is really a huge problem?

As Amyken mentioned in an earlier post, we include LBRS/UBRS, Strath, and scholo to aquire GKP for use on set pieces and such. In these runs we would sometimes have members under 60. However, to answer your question, no it is not a huge problem. We can enter them manualy when necessary, but I just thought I would ask in case I was missing something.

Finally, I'll get into a bit of a policy thing: is it a good idea to award points on level rather than rank? Once you hit 60, that's it, there's no more leveling.

lol well you could say that once your an officer, where is there to go? But the real answer is we have a very close knit guild. Ranks in our guild are based soley on lvl (0-10, 11-20...ect). Officers are there to run websites and help/guide the lower lvls, so we try to avoid rank based priveledges when possible and keep things as fair for all members as we can. That's why we adopted our current system as it is.

In this case, the method you mention would work. Another thought would be a "Raid Merger." You upload 5 snapshots, and create 5 raids. Then merge those 5 raids, summing up the points of all attendees. That would be an alternative, but I'd need to build the interface (which I think would be a useful feature). I'm also planning on building a simple CTRaidTracker uploader for those guilds who award points on an hourly basis.

Something like that would be awesome.

Right now, there isn't a smooth way to accomplish this, but "DKP Adjustments" is one of the next items on the feature list to be implemented, and you can expect it within two weeks.

Great news!

One last thing: I'd just like to say DKPsystem.com Rocks!
haha...thanks man! Glad you're pleased

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
howdy chops. how's the 5 man raid snapshot goin?

the level based point system is also an incentive for those who are close to 60 to get to 60. besides, once the expansion pack comes out.....we'll be able to lvl again! yay! wait...hocus...we're gonna hafta rethink our point system now to include lvl 70. LOL

another quick question...is there a way to hide what's equipped on the guild bank character? we normally use low level toons for this, and don't find it necessary to see what they're wearing. (or will we have to run our bank toons around naked? lol)

anyhow, chops, you wouldn't believe the enthusiasm hocus up there has been expressing about your site. been giggling like a schoolgirl. keep up the good work (and wanted to remind you about the 5 man snapshot, oh, and the "hide this dkp system" thing from my other post).

good questions hocus.

--
-amyken
"wife of guild master"
read: the actual guild master lol
howdy chops. how's the 5 man raid snapshot goin?

the level based point system is also an incentive for those who are close to 60 to get to 60. besides, once the expansion pack comes out.....we'll be able to lvl again! yay! wait...hocus...we're gonna hafta rethink our point system now to include lvl 70. LOL

another quick question...is there a way to hide what's equipped on the guild bank character? we normally use low level toons for this, and don't find it necessary to see what they're wearing. (or will we have to run our bank toons around naked? lol)

anyhow, chops, you wouldn't believe the enthusiasm hocus up there has been expressing about your site. been giggling like a schoolgirl. keep up the good work (and wanted to remind you about the 5 man snapshot, oh, and the "hide this dkp system" thing from my other post).

good questions hocus.

There's actually a pretty neat change coming for the guild bank stuff, so yeah, don't worry about that.

Your other changes, the hide dkp system, and 5man snapshot, coming pretty soon here yet. I haven't rolled out any new changes yet, but it's up there with about 10 other things.

Appreciate the enthusiasm

----

--
DKP adjustments are done.

----

--
great! thanks!

DKP adjustments are done.

----

[Back to Index]