Password:

Forgot your password?
Oops... sorta uploaded a mistake.

Oops... sorta uploaded a mistake.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I managed to brain fart, and upload my layout file into my menu layout, so now it's all summarily boned (luckily I didn't go live yet). I hadn't changed the menu yet, so can I get a copy of the default menu file?

----
Zabado, Emperor of Amangur

--
I managed to brain fart, and upload my layout file into my menu layout, so now it's all summarily boned (luckily I didn't go live yet). I hadn't changed the menu yet, so can I get a copy of the default menu file?

----

in the spots where you upload the layout and menu html files, the labels for each are actually links too, you can right click "Layout File" or "Menu File" and save as an html file. and that should be your old menu file.

----

in the spots where you upload the layout and menu html files, the labels for each are actually links too, you can right click "Layout File" or "Menu File" and save as an html file. and that should be your old menu file.

I tried that too, but it seems once you test it, those links point to the new ones for me.

Also Spaticas, I noticed you all have your vent status on the right sidebar, can I pick at you for how that's done?

----

--
Just emailed the menu file to you.

I tried that too, but it seems once you test it, those links point to the new ones for me.
Yeah, once you upload it, it's overwritten. When you test or deploy the file, the server parses the files and makes the files suitable for deploying. I'll be adding an "Advanced LAyout History" archiving all files ever uploaded so you could effectively roll back to any point in your layout history.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks a ton, I'll try to refrain from further idiocy until you get done with the history

----

--
Thanks a ton, I'll try to refrain from further idiocy until you get done with the history

----

Naa..don't sweat it. Just keep a local file just in case.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--

Also Spaticas, I noticed you all have your vent status on the right sidebar, can I pick at you for how that's done?

----

your right, lol yeah i overwrote my layout file with my menu file once, it was really f'd up and i didn't even realize what i did.

assumeing your vent hosting company gives you a chunck of java script for the vent status, i just created another cell on that side, made another style in the css file to style it and put the chunk of java code in that cell. i'll upload my ccs and layout file.

basically the whole content of the page is one table with one row, the left cell holds all the module in the left side bar, the middle cell holds the middle content (news and stuff) and i made another one to hold the right side bar( just moved some of the <!-- chop's cool modules crap --> tags to that right most cell.

----
Alright, got most everything working now. How can you specify access levels to custom elements like that, or any elements in the layout file that you want people to only view if they are of a certain access level or higher?

----

--
Alright, got most everything working now. How can you specify access levels to custom elements like that, or any elements in the layout file that you want people to only view if they are of a certain access level or higher?

----

hmmm good question, chops?

----

----

Right now, the only "Access LEvel" thing available is <!--System:AdminStart--> and <!--System:AdminEnd--> Which will check for access to the Administration menu. I'll have to add the functionality to make it more dynamic. Somethign to the effect of

<!-- System:If:chat --> For example, would only show if they have access to chat.

----

--
That would be awesome. It would be ideal if you could specify the minimum rank number, so like:

<!-- System:if:4 -->

and it would let everyone rank 4-1 see it.

----

--
That would be awesome. It would be ideal if you could specify the minimum rank number, so like:

<!-- System:if:4 -->

and it would let everyone rank 4-1 see it.

----

Oooh...that would work too. I'll do both.

Lets plan on two commands

<!-- System:IfAccess:accessname -->

<!-- System:EndIfAccess -->

and

<!-- system:IfRank:4 -->

<!-- system:EndIfRank -->

This won't be ready for at least 2 weeks, but I'll get em in there.

----

--
Killer, that will make customizing things real easy, and will be especially nice for segregating ranks.

----

--
<!--System:IfRank:X-->

<!--System:IfEndRank-->

Has been implemented.

----

--

[Back to Index]