Forgot your password?
Mod for Class Channels

Mod for Class Channels
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-Topic]
Secondary: None

*** Please note this has not affiliation to DKPSystem.com

I wrote this for my guildies but I thought I'd share it with my coleagues/fellow guild operators here.

This is a mod that simulates class channels using the SendAddonMessage function. Everyone that wants to use/see the channel has to have the mod installed. The advantage is that it does not create a channel (as many of you probably know WOW only allow a max of 10 channels). Options are limited today but are as follows.

/cg or /cc will show a help menu
/cg <message> will send a message to all member of your guild using the mod that are the same class as you.
/cc <message> will send a message to all members of your current part or raid using the mod that are the same class as you.
/cc color or /cg color will open the default WOW color wheel to allow you to select a color for each channel. They default to light green for guild and cyan for party/raid. These options get saved when logout/reloadui.

I have done limited testing on this and feedback is appreciated. I tested item linking and it works great. The names in the messages are not links and I need to figure out how to make them links so you can click to whisper, shift click for who, right click for invites and all that jazz.

Chops,
Feel free to nuke this if I am out of line in anyway. While I realize the proper place for this might be ui.worldofwar.net or www.curse-gaming.com I really didn't want to put it up there but did want to share it with this small group of guild/web admins.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Why would I nuke it? If it's a helpful contribution to the community, then I'm all for it

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]