Forgot your password?
News and Youtube, Java, and email verification woes

News and Youtube, Java, and email verification woes
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Chops,

When I try to more than on YouTube Video on the News page it seems to cut off everything below the first Video. Is that by design?

We have a rule in our guild that you must have 3 days of Raiding with the guild to go from initiate, to Member. What I would like to see is a tool that automates doing that, and then generates a report so I can do that in WoW.

Also, does the site require Java at all? I got a user who says he can't sign-up for raids because it requries Java.

I have a couple other users who are having problems once they sign-up getting the email verification to work with their mail providor.

Any way to give them an option to do two things verify they are not a program by requiring them to enter in a phrase that is encloded in a image. And option 2 being that they can request their account be manually validated during the sign-up. The admins get a popup or email.

The problem with the current system is that if people don't get the verification email, the go and create several website accounts in a effort to get into the site.

Thanks,

Toddler

--

Also, does the site require Java at all? I got a user who says he can't sign-up for raids because it requries Java.

It requires Javascript, but not Java. The popup windows are triggered by the javascript window.open command. MAkre sure your guys have Javascript enabled, and make sure that their browser isn't blocking popups from your site(I suspect that's actually what's happening).

Do you know which email providers are giving them trouble? I can try to contact the companies and get emails from here whitelisted.

As for finding out how many days of raiding they have, you can just use the current standings by checking the box for the rank "Initiate" and then sorting by "Days."

--
It's all in the reflexes.

It requires Javascript, but not Java. The popup windows are triggered by the javascript window.open command. MAkre sure your guys have Javascript enabled, and make sure that their browser isn't blocking popups from your site(I suspect that's actually what's happening).

Okay...

Do you know which email providers are giving them trouble? I can try to contact the companies and get emails from here whitelisted.

Hotmail seems to be the one with most issues, but I will find out.

As for finding out how many days of raiding they have, you can just use the current standings by checking the box for the rank "Initiate" and then sorting by "Days."

Already do that, but I would like to automate raising the security level based on that, instead of having to goto a seperate webpage to do it.

Toddler

--
About hotmail, I'm pretty sure it just filters emails from DKPSystem.com into the spam box, but doesn't hard reject them as far as I know.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
About hotmail, I'm pretty sure it just filters emails from DKPSystem.com into the spam box, but doesn't hard reject them as far as I know.

Okay...

Todd

--

[Back to Index]