Forgot your password?
Using RFI for our MC loot system

Using RFI for our MC loot system
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Hey Chops...

Our guild does not use traditional DKP in MC...we ask everyone to submit their top 3 items and rank them in the order they most want them. The RFI feature right out of the box is a great tool for us. It's 90% of exactly what we need.

The only thing missing is that we can't rank the items numerically in a separate column.

Right now I can enter

"1. Eye of Divinity"
"2. Robe of Prophecy"
"3. Cauterizing Band"

as the description, but then I lose the active link to the item database by placing the number at the beginning of the line.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get a numeric value entered for each item that won't break the sync to the item data.

Thanks for considering.
The idea of using RFI as a loot system sort of...rubs me the wrong way. Not that priority systems are bad, but that there's GOT to be a better way of implementing exactly what it is you're shooting for.

Perhaps an extension of the "Wanted Gear" section, with reporting, priority numbers, officer approval possibly.

I think that the wanted gear section is vastly more tuned for what you're shooting for, with a few relatively small tweaks to make it exactly what you want.

Perhaps adding a checkbox to each Wanted Gear item, stating something to the effect of "Formal Request."

The RFI section really is primarily designed for handing out Banked, and Craftable stuff, and I'll admit that your method of using it certainly never EVER occured to me, but I do think that we could get something working that would perhaps be more oraganized.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The idea of using RFI as a loot system sort of...rubs me the wrong way. Not that priority systems are bad, but that there's GOT to be a better way of implementing exactly what it is you're shooting for.

Perhaps an extension of the "Wanted Gear" section, with reporting, priority numbers, officer approval possibly.

I think that the wanted gear section is vastly more tuned for what you're shooting for, with a few relatively small tweaks to make it exactly what you want.

Perhaps adding a checkbox to each Wanted Gear item, stating something to the effect of "Formal Request."

The RFI section really is primarily designed for handing out Banked, and Craftable stuff, and I'll admit that your method of using it certainly never EVER occured to me, but I do think that we could get something working that would perhaps be more oraganized.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

Chops,

Thanks for getting back to us so quick...and I'm glad this sounds doable.

Our requirements are very basic for tracking this:

1. Each player needs to list 3 items
2. The items must have a numbered value for priority
3. An officer of Class leader must approve the items (checkbox or fieldbox 'approved'/'rejected')
4. We need to track the # of weeks waited for each item

3 and 4 must have officer controls on changing the values...that is why we're currently going to use the officer notes to track weeks waiting.

The RFI pretty much does what we need it to do as is...the only exception being the numbering of item priority.

If RFI was split into 2 categories...1 for RFI and another for Raid Loot Submissions or whatever, this would totally hit a bullzeye.

The RFI was really the #1 reason I subscribed to DKPSystems.

Awesome job...

Thanks

Green

----
Apocalypse (Gurubashi)
venom.dkpsystem.com
Alrighty, I'm liking where this is going.

RFI will remain just that Requests for Items from the guild bank, craftables, etc, and for you it'll be your loot system until the system is worked out further.

I'll be either modifying the "Wanted Gear" sections to include "Loot Priority," or creating a new section specifically for that.

Within that, it'll contain 4 new features.

1) Numbered Priority
2) Officer (or other authority figure) approval
3) Time of Request (which is changable only by officer/authority figure), which would then reflect the time waited.

From that we can build a number of useful features

1) Modifying the "Item Prices" list to include number of people who're requesting it
2) Automatically removing an item from the Request list when it's received (must be entered via Item Recieved)
3) Or, even better, a button or something, to move an item from the "Request" list directly to the "Received" list.
4) Perhaps another report to print how many raids attended as opposed to just "days/weeks past" since the last. After all, someone who might have wanted an item fro 7 weeks and has attended one raid in that time span might not "Deserve" and item over someone who's had it requested for 4 weeks, but has been to every raid since.

----

--
Wow Chops...

Holy crap man...I feel like I asked Santa Claus for a toy car and he parked a real Ferrari in my driveway =)

The basic changes you suggested would be fantastic. Really thats all we need.

Considering the advanced stuff you mentioned...

We only uptick weeks waiting based on attendance...this was all done manually in the past. We allowed people to move their #2 item up to #1 if they received their #1 drop. They were allowed to carry over the weeks waiting on the item if they slid a #2 to #1 or #3 to #2.. So I'm not sure that the automation of dates and/or tracking weeks waiting is simple to automate. An officer definable field is all we really need.

This one you mentioned sounds killer:

3) Or, even better, a button or something, to move an item from the "Request" list directly to the "Received" list.

Anyway man - we're liking the site and the support is great!

Thanks

Green

----
Apocalypse (Gurubashi)
venom.dkpsystem.com

I'll get working on that soon...

----

--
It's partly done for you. You still have to manually record the items received, but the core of the process is ready for you.

Check out the FAQ.

----

--
You rock!!!

----
Apocalypse (Gurubashi)
venom.dkpsystem.com
Holy Crap Chops...this is awesome!!! I just played with it for a bit...works great...and easy.

The ONLY small detail we would still request would be the officer definable field box for each item.

For our purposes we use that for "Weeks Waiting" on each item.

But for a wider function in other guilds portals, calling it simply officer notes or something would be fine. We just need a small text or numeric field box on each item. If it had to replace the "what is so special about this" field, thats fine for our needs as well. That's why our initial inclination was to use the RFI, because it already had the officer note field in place.

The "nice to have" would be the ability to sort the wish list view by class then alphabetically, instead of just alphabetically. It would make the default view more usable during raids when we're most often comparing lists of a single class.

----
Apocalypse (Gurubashi)
venom.dkpsystem.com
Sure thing, I'll throw an officer notes thing in there. Additionally, there will be a number of different useful ways of seeing that data. Sorted by Items, for example, and I can throw in a "Sorted by Class" as well.

----

--

[Back to Index]