Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS Questions (New User)

GRSS Questions (New User)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Just got my guild hooked up with this system, and we love it. However, just to make things smoother, I have a few questions for you.

1. After I upload my GRSS snapshot, I delete it. However, after another boss kill, when I go to upload again, I still get ALL of the data from the previous snapshot. The item drops are the biggest problem, since we're doing Naxxramas and we have all of those !@*!% scraps coming up on the item list, and clicking off the checkboxes on 50-someodd of those scraps everytime I update DKP after a boss is getting old. What am I doing wrong here?

2. Is there any way to filter so that only epic drops are picked up by the system?

3. Are there any plans, or is there a way to link an item in the bidding screen instead of typing it in prior to taking bids on it?

Thanks a lot, and great job on making such a good program
1. After I upload my GRSS snapshot, I delete it. However, after another boss kill, when I go to upload again, I still get ALL of the data from the previous snapshot. The item drops are the biggest problem, since we're doing Naxxramas and we have all of those !@*!% scraps coming up on the item list, and clicking off the checkboxes on 50-someodd of those scraps everytime I update DKP after a boss is getting old. What am I doing wrong here?

Try deleting the .lua.bak file also. When you restart the game the bak file can recreate the .lua file

2. Is there any way to filter so that only epic drops are picked up by the system?

3. Are there any plans, or is there a way to link an item in the bidding screen instead of typing it in prior to taking bids on it?

Better for Chops to answer these. I don't think #2 has been suggested yet and would be equivalent to filtering a loot mode.

#3 has been requested and examples of mods that do it have been given. Think it is due in the next major release if Chops figures it out but he'ld have to chime in to say for sure.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
1) I disabled the scraps from popping up, but I made the mistake of still recording the items. I['ll be sure to remove that soon.

2) At the moment, no, but that has been suggested (I think), and is something I'm planning on adding.

3) There are also plans to implement this in the next major release, but at the moment, it's not ready.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Still having problems with screenshots.

After a boss, I console reloadui to save it, then I go to upload it, and I get asked if I want ALL the raids and items from the last 5 days (since we started using it). AFter clicking off a bunch of crap that I don't want I close out the site, then use the grss downloader to update the ingame interface, then console reloadui.

I am deleting the .lua and .bak files from the wtf directory.

What am I doing wrong?
Deleting the files while WoW is open will do nothing, unfortunately. If you wanted to do it while you're raiding, then after uploading the snapshot, type "/grss reset"

--
Deleting the files while WoW is open will do nothing, unfortunately. If you wanted to do it while you're raiding, then after uploading the snapshot, type "/grss reset"

Yeah sadly they are recreated from memory the next time you do a reloadui.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Yeah sadly they are recreated from memory the next time you do a reloadui.

BLIZZARD! HEAR MY CALL! GIVE US A RecordSavedVariables() FUNCTION BEFORE I START BREAKING THINGS!!!

Granted, I realize it's rather irrelevant to the problem at hand, but it'd be nice to just type /grss writedata, and be able to upload, rather than having to reloadui

--

[Back to Index]