Forgot your password?
DKP request

DKP request
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
First off, our guild is very happy with dkpsystem so far. We just switched our site over to here from guildwizard and it has been smooth so far.

Our guild uses a dkp addon in the game called eternaldkp. Our dkp system is also loot based, not boss based. The dkp addon then computes the dkp values and stores each person's dkp in our public guild notes in World of Warcraft. So, here is my question: Can you develop an uploader that just monitor's the public guild notes?

If you need more information as to what I am talking about, please ask me.

--
With the GuildRaidSnapShot mod that's provided by the system, you aren't necessarily locked into the "boss method," it's just the default.

Instead, you can manually initiate those snapshots, and record the amount of points you need to give out at the time.

I'm assuming you're doing something along the lines of a Zero-Sum DKP, in which case, after you've gotten all the bids and handed out all the loot, you can type:

/grss Magmadar, 35 points spent

And then when you upload the snapshot later, you can do the math then.

Or am I misunderstanding you here? How do your players earn points? I didn't notice any implementation details on your guild's site, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Loot-based." I say this, because the GRSS should be able to adapt to almost any loot system.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
When an item drops, one person purchases it and then everyone in the raid will gain a share of the purchase.

Person A buys Giantstalker's BracersRefresh This Item for 2000dkp. The 2000 is split with everyone in the raid (including purchaser). If there are 40 people in the raid, they each receive 50dkp. That is how we do purchases and earning.

--
Great, then GRSS would work out for you perfectly.

Your best bet then, is you create records for every boss in the instance, as well as making one called something to the effect of "Molten Core - Trash" for items like BoEs.

Say you kill Golemagg, and Prophecy Robes, Giantstalker Chest, and Mageblade Drops. After taking bids, the prophecy goes for 300 points, Giantstalker goes for 300 points, ahnd Mageblade goes for 500 points. Take the total spent (in this case, 1100 points), divide it by the number of people in the raid (assuming 40), yielding a total of 27.5 for each person. You can then type

/grss Golemagg 27.5

Then when you enter the points for the raid later, record it as a Golemagg kill, and in the description, you can say which items were received and for how much.

Example 2: Nightslayer Bracelets drop from a Surger, and they go for 200 DKP. You can divide that by the 40 in the raid, giving 5 dkp a piece. You can then type

/grss MC Trash 5dkp (Nightslater Bracelets)

Then when you upload the snapshot after the fact, you can select "Molten Core - Trash" as the destination.

I can simulate this for you with screenshots and stuff if you'd like, but overall, I can definitely see this working out for you without any needed modification.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Is there a way for the Item list to display the items in alphabetical order as opposed to ordered by price?

--
You couldn't before....

But you can now!

Just tweaked it for ya.

----

--
Damn you are fast. Last request, and this has been asked by numerous people in our guild. Is there a way to allow splitting of the forums? The current system is very hard on the eyes.

--
Damn you are fast. Last request, and this has been asked by numerous people in our guild. Is there a way to allow splitting of the forums? The current system is very hard on the eyes.

what dio you mean by the "Splitting of the Forums?"

As in multiple Forums?

The thread tags can act like multiple forums.

I forget which guild you are from, so I can't use your site as the example, so I'll use dkpsystem.com's Thread Tags as an example.

On DKPSystem.com I have six thread tags defined (most of which you can't see, just like on the standard Guild site). The Thread Tags act LIKE forums, but are a little different.

You'll notice at the top of the forum is a list of all the available thread tags as well as a radio button next to each. If you click the radio button next to the thread tag, it filters the forum on that tag, effectively giving it the "multiple forum" effect.

Here're the thread tags I have available to dkpsystem.com at the highest level.

If I were to click the "Internal" thread tag, it'll only show threads tagged "Internal." I'll go in depth a little more on the thread tag concept in the FAQ, but I stand by the decision to wain from the standard approach of "Multiple Forums" to going toward "Thread Tags."

I myself am a hard-core forum-dweller (on my guild's site I have over 7k posts in a year), and from my year or so of experience with thread tags, I can say with full assurance that thread tags are vastly superior to having to click each forum if you want to see the latest and/or popular threads.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Does my DKP suggestions above help you out at all?

----

--
Coming from forums that used splitting and tagging, i think it will just some time getting used to the new style. This was just many requests from many guild members.

After thinking some today, I do have some new suggestions.

1. Is there a way to offset the clock timer on our website to match our server time? Our server runs on eastern time and if we put an event in the calander for 9:00pm, the countdown timer expires at 7:00pm eastern.

2. Is there a way to seperate items in your guilduploader so they display as regeants, weapons, armor, etc?

3. Is there a way to display our equipped items in a way that resembles your charactor box ingame?

All in all, our guild members are very pleased with your service and we have not even began tweaking our site from the cookie cutter template.

Splint
60 Hunter
Officer, Thorium Knights

--
Coming from forums that used splitting and tagging, i think it will just some time getting used to the new style. This was just many requests from many guild members.

I'm hoping they get used to it, and I think they will. To quote the guy from guild Freaky Gamers
The forums may take you a bit to understand. But after you do, you will wonder why they was not made like this in the first place! lol

After thinking some today, I do have some new suggestions.

1. Is there a way to offset the clock timer on our website to match our server time? Our server runs on eastern time and if we put an event in the calander for 9:00pm, the countdown timer expires at 7:00pm eastern.

Yep, There is a "Time Zone" link on the Admin section near the top.

2. Is there a way to seperate items in your guilduploader so they display as regeants, weapons, armor, etc?

Right now, they are not categorized. Perhaps in the future we could set up an interface to manually categorize items, but as it stands, there is no way of categorizing items. You COULD make a seperate bank for different types (ie Alchemy Bank, Enchanting Bank, etc)

3. Is there a way to display our equipped items in a way that resembles your charactor box ingame?

That is something that is eventually planned, but, again, right now, no. I suggest, for that, creating an Allakhazam, ctprofiles.net, or thottbot account and putting that in the "Official Profile" link.

All in all, our guild members are very pleased with your service and we have not even began tweaking our site from the cookie cutter template.

Awesome! Thank you! Please keep the suggestions coming. I have a list of changes to make about 40 items long, but I don't ever want to reach the end of the list, at least not anytime soon. There are ALWAYS new features that are desired and that would be helpful for other guilds.

----

--

Can you help me, I can't seem to find this one.

--

Can you help me, I can't seem to find this one.

That's something that shows up only to the Guild Master (or whoever signed up), or if you have been given full administrative privledges.

Lyte, I believe, signed you up, and he's got full admin privs, if he goes to Admin > Accounts > splint, clicks the "Full Administrative Privledges" checkbox on that page, and saves it. You'll be given full admin privs and then you'll have access to that (be aware that if your security level changes, you'll have to log off and log back in before you'll see the effects of that change).

----

--
With the GuildRaidSnapShot mod that's provided by the system, you aren't necessarily locked into the "boss method," it's just the default.

Instead, you can manually initiate those snapshots, and record the amount of points you need to give out at the time.

I'm assuming you're doing something along the lines of a Zero-Sum DKP, in which case, after you've gotten all the bids and handed out all the loot, you can type:

/grss Magmadar, 35 points spent

And then when you upload the snapshot later, you can do the math then.

Or am I misunderstanding you here? How do your players earn points? I didn't notice any implementation details on your guild's site, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Loot-based." I say this, because the GRSS should be able to adapt to almost any loot system.

----

Ok, so the reason that we went with EternalDKP was two reasons.

1. The ease of use, it updates on the fly with minimal work by the person in charge.
2. We went to an ingame solution because we suffered a rollback with our last web service that inturn caused many people to leave the guild because their DKP was jacked up.

So, back to my original intent with this thread. Is there a was to just transfer the public notes in the guild page from the game to the website as current DKP amount?

(we tried it your way of suggesting and it turned out to be too confusing for many members.)

--
Ok, so the reason that we went with EternalDKP was two reasons.

1. The ease of use, it updates on the fly with minimal work by the person in charge.
2. We went to an ingame solution because we suffered a rollback with our last web service that inturn caused many people to leave the guild because their DKP was jacked up.

So, back to my original intent with this thread. Is there a was to just transfer the public notes in the guild page from the game to the website as current DKP amount?

(we tried it your way of suggesting and it turned out to be too confusing for many members.)

I hear ya. I'd like to work with you to determine what was unusably difficult about the snapshot process. If you could call me at 414.940.4866, or if you have a vent or TS server, I'd like to try to work out exactly what we could do. I realize that automatic updates of the nature you mention is very convenient, however, you'll need to realize that what you're asking for isn't exactly a trivial change, and it would take some time to get that worked out (and in all fairness, it's also going to be a lower priority than the changes that will benefit all guilds using dkpsystem.com).

I really feel I should reiterate the relative simplicity of the GRSS snapshot process, once you get the hang of it.

----

--
I've been thinking about this a little bit, and it MIGHT not be as bad as I think it'd be. However, I'd need an example of what the Guild notes look like to see how "importable" they are.

I can have a mod for you later this week, but it's a preliminary mod to get a sense of what the data looks like, there will be no uploader for it, at the moment.

----

--
I've been thinking about this a little bit, and it MIGHT not be as bad as I think it'd be. However, I'd need an example of what the Guild notes look like to see how "importable" they are.

I can have a mod for you later this week, but it's a preliminary mod to get a sense of what the data looks like, there will be no uploader for it, at the moment.

----

I am usually on TS in the evenings after 9:00pm central. Obviously, I will not give out our TS info over these forums. If you have access to the officer posts on our website, please post there and I will post our TS info there.

--
If you'd like, you could also submit that info on the "contact us" form on this site. That would be easiest, I suspect.

----

--
If you'd like, you could also submit that info on the "contact us" form on this site. That would be easiest, I suspect.

----

Sent it to you.

--

----

Sent it to you.

Got it. Thanks. I'll get in touch with you on TS in the next few days.

----

--
I saw this thread and had to chime in: I agree that EternalDKP is very simple, and also has the advantage of being "up to date" IN GAME when you play (even if the DKP officer isn't there) - because it uses officer notes to keep the points tallied. I think it just has the raw number in there, so if I had 300 dkp, my officer note would just be "300". I haven't used it a ton, tho, so I'm not sure if there can be any other info in there.

Obviously, the advantage is more pronounced if the in game points are utilized while in game. I'd love to see you integrate it somehow into dkpsystem (which, btw, we just signed up and my guildies are ecstatic how quickly the site is coming up!). Or even "borrow" the officer note idea.

You can check the mod out yourself at:

http://www.chosensoft.com/edkp/

On a semi-related note... do you have any plans to implement a GUI for the ingame mod? I'd love to be able to have my raiders bid with up to date point tallies, and have the system track it all so when I update the site, it is all gtg. Currently, the mod seems very omni-directional. I'd love to see it as a full blown, in game system.

----
A Leprechaun?! I'll hang him by his feet and beat him like a pinata until the gold falls out!

--
A Leprechaun?! I'll hang him by his feet and beat him like a pinata until the gold falls out!

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]