Forgot your password?
SWTOR: Signup problem with Secondary Classes

SWTOR: Signup problem with Secondary Classes
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Chops,
There seems to be a problem with the way that Class and Secondary Classes are working on signups. I don't know if this is just a setting I'm missing or what.

First There doesn't seem to be any linking between the classes.
SWTOR has advanced classes that pair to each main class. IE a Bounty Hunter can be a Powertech or Mercenary. There doesn't seem to be a correct distinction between what is a class and advanced class (secondary class) when creating a character. Is there a setting I'm missing or can you add it to the list of things to do to build a link between Class and Secondary class so that if someone choose Class A they can only choose the appropriate secondary class that goes with it.

The second issue stemming from this is that the Roles for Event Signups don't seem to be triggering off the secondary class selection. They seem to be linked only to the Primary Class. The roles in SWTOR are strictly based on the Advanced Class chosen thus a Bounty Hunter can be any of the 3 in the trinity but a Powertech can only function as a Tank or DPS while a Mercenary can be a Healer or DPS.

I can fix this by eliminating the use of Secondary classes and making all combinations as single class entries but that means I have to go in and change everyone's characters by hand and fix class type so that they show correct roles on the signups.
I may have to do this to some extent anyway as because of the first problem I listed there is no distinction of which class types are primary and which are secondary so I have some people that created their characters correctly (ie Class = Bounty Hunter; Secondary Class = Powertech) and others that chose the Advanced class in both class and secondary class.

I'm still digging in feature settings hoping I missed something. I know the holiday is fast approaching so I hope you at least get a chance to peak at this and see if there is something I'm missing or what. If there is no quick solution in site I'd like to know as I will need to change the way I have classes listed from Primary / Secondary to combining them in 1 name like Bounty Hunter - Powertech and Bounty Hunter - Mercenary for examples.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Ok.
I found a quick fix (though it does require editing the roster for everyone).
If I set the Class as the AC type and the Secondary Class as the main type that seems to work correctly with roles on signups.

I still feel that there needs to be an ability to designate a Class as Primary and Secondary when creating them under admin. Also when creating a secondary class you should have an option to chose if that is restricted by primary class and if so what Primary class you must be.

Then under roles when creating them there should be an option to specify if roles are based on Primary or Secondary class types.

--
Any thoughts here?
I'm about to rip the bandaid off and just change all my classes stuff like.

Bounty Hunter: Powertech
Bounty Hunter: Mercenary
Sith Warrior: Juggernaut
Sith Warrior: Marauder

--
That's what I did. It ugly looking but for now it works.
Your temporary solution might be the best way to deal with it for now. I'm still thinking about a better way to implement this.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks for the reply Chops.

Best suggestion I can give you to start is make it an option to designate each class as Primary or Secondary. If the class is Secondary then provide a list of all classes and allow the user the check the primary classes that can also be the secondary class. this would at least link them together and specify which are primary and secondary which solves 2 of the issues.

The issue of dealing with signups is more complicated.

--

[Back to Index]