Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP Sigs not updating

DKP Sigs not updating
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I made a DKP sig 2 days ago, and it hasn't updated since then... my pally's gone from 36 to 40 in that time. Just a head's up.
Could you post the link? I'll see if something's up. It's also possible that the Armory isn't the most up to date either.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Could you post the link? I'll see if something's up. It's also possible that the Armory isn't the most up to date either.

Armory says she's at 41, she's still at 36 on the sig...
Sure enough. It looks like the overnight script wasn't finishing. I'll make it finish.

--
I have had signatures for a year or so and they NEVER update automatically. If I want them to be updated, I have to log onto dkpsigs.com, choose each signature, edit the sig, then it updates. None of my WoW friends signatures update automatically either...

--

Interesting. Thank you for the heads up. Might I ask how long you give them to update?

We've had problems in the past with querying the armory too frequently, resulting in our servers getting a temporary ban from Blizzard. At which point, we turn off the auto-updating until the problem resolves, then we turn it back on at a slower rate. It's an ongoing problem, resulting from having as many sigs as we do in the system.

It's a hassle, but the script is running.

I've accelerated the script again, which should get the sigs updating once every week and a half or so.

Hopefully this isn't too fast for blizzard's servers.

--
Quote by Chops
Interesting. Thank you for the heads up. Might I ask how long you give them to update?

I've accelerated the script again, which should get the sigs updating once every week and a half or so.

Hopefully this isn't too fast for blizzard's servers.

Hi and thanks for the quick response. As an example, Margem, my young Shaman, I updated the sig when he was at level 17. Then I forgot all about the sig.. and updated first when he was mid 30's. I only play for a couple of hours each evening, also, I can see that my Main chars sigs never updated, with regards to stats.. of course they dont "level" now, but the stats change. Every now and again - not every week and sometimes only once a month I go in and "edit" each sig - I dont even need to change anything..as long as I click "Edit" then "submit" they will update.

--

Still not updated..shouldnt it be now?

--

Quote by Megem
Still not updated..shouldnt it be now?

Still not updated.. now my shaman is level 64....

--

I've sped up the process further. There are currently approximately 38,000 sigs in line to be updated before that one, which should mean it gets updated in the next 2-3 days.

I appreciate your persistence on this.

--
Looks like it did finally update on its own. Let's see how long now before the next time.

It just looks like the script needed to be sped up. I've got some ideas on how to make it a little faster too, but for now, this should update all the sigs every week or week and a half.

--

[Back to Index]