Password:

Forgot your password?
GetGRSSDKP.exe erro

GetGRSSDKP.exe erro
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I just recently upgraded my PC and got a new OS (Windows 7 64 bit) and i'm getting the following error when i try to updated dkp in game:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).

When you installed WoW and the associated addons, was it a clean install or did you copy the folders over? If you copied the folders, download a fresh copy of GRSS and try it again.

--
Malice
Band of Idiots
Very odd message. I also run Windows 7 64 bit and it works alright.

A few things that might be worth trying:

1) Try re-downloading the GRSS mod first. See if that helps at all. Or redownload just the GetGRSSDKP program ( http://dkpfiles.com/www/forum/26989/GetGRSSDKP.exe )

2) If that doesn't help. Try moving the World of warcraft folder out of the "Program Files" folder. It shouldn't be related, but the program files folder is protected by Windows and programs can act finicky in there. I keep my copy of WoW in c:\Games\WoW (and I put all games in C:\Games). Doing so prevents any silliness revolving around the protection schemes (and will make finding things like screenshots and data files easier).

If neither of those help, let me know, and I can set up a remote support thing.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I did copy the wow folder to an external hard drive trying to separate fraps and wow so it wasn't writing to the same disk, I'll flop them around and see if that works.

P.S i've tried many times to download a fresh grss, same error.
Tried everything, still getting the same error. Tried running the getgrssdkp.exe link you posted and same error.

Does the error pop up immediately when you run the program? Like, does any of the normal window pop up at all for you, or do you just get the error message?

Also, could you provide a screenshot for me? I've never had someone report of this particular error before with the downloader, so I'm a bit stumped so far, and any information that you can provide will help.

Edit: Also, it's worth trying to run the program as Administrator.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]