Password:

Forgot your password?
Top Menu Questions

Top Menu Questions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Getting ready to make our site ( http://daesdaemar.dkpsystem.com ) some what edited, and I am using Glass template as a base source for the look. However on my computer and on the demo site when I test my changes to add a menu under the banner, it copies itself over and over

"Admin News Admin News Admin News" so on and so forth, as well if I log out of the demo you can see the admin link when not logged it. I know I am missing something here, and more then likly with the menu file but I am not sure what would have to be edited for this to work so that you can only see the links if the permissions are set for your rank.

Any help would be great, changes are still on the demo site as a i post this but could be changed.
Its in the Main Html file. Here is the line

<script>var p1050312124='<table class=ttb><tr><td>Go Home</td></tr></table>'</script><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><script>var p320552615='<table class=ttb><tr><td>Submit an applications and we will get back to you in a day.</td></tr></table>'</script><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><script>var p1723062887='<table class=ttb><tr><td>Raid Calendar</td></tr></table>'</script><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td><Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td>

Thats all one line!! Needs to be cleaned up and Dups taken out.

You're very close.

You need to turn this:

<!--System:StartEmbedMenu:Menu-->
          <!--Menu:StartItemList-->
               <!--Menu:StartItem-->
                    <Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td>
               <!--Menu:EndItem-->
          <!--Menu:EndItemList-->
     <!--System:EndEmbedMenu-->

Into this

<Td><a href="<!--Menu:Link-->"><!--Menu:LinkName--></a></td>

Right now, for each item in your menu (in menu administration), it's listing both of your hard links. You need to convert those hard-coded links into dynamic links, which is what the above change does.

See https://www.dkpsystem.com/guide.php?t=EmbeddedMenus for a little more info on this.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thats all one line!!

It's cleaner behind the scenes. If you log into the demo site, and download the layout.html file, you'll see that it's cleaner. The compiler is removing some whitespace.

--
Quote by Chops
You're very close.

You need to turn this:

<Td><a href="admin.php">Admin</a> <a href="news.php">News</a></td>

Into this

<Td><a href="<!--Menu:Link-->"><!--Menu:LinkName--></a></td>

Right now, for each item in your menu (in menu administration), it's listing both of your hard links. You need to convert those hard-coded links into dynamic links, which is what the above change does.

See https://www.dkpsystem.com/guide.php?t=EmbeddedMenus for a little more info on this.

Awesome Chops thanks a lot.

Any code to place an image behind each one? Much like the glass bubbles that are in the side menu options? And of course would only show if you had the permissions?

The main menu is still on the side bar as well. I am assuming I have to go into the menu file to fix this ?
For this, you would want to look into adding a background image for those items in the CSS.

Something add a class to the A tags in the HTML:

<a href="<!--Menu:Link-->" class=menu><!--Menu:LinkName--></a>

Then add to the CSS, something like this:

a.menu:link {background:url(http://path/to/image}
a.menu:hover {background-color:#770000}

That would make the hover-over color a dark red, or maroon-like color, while the default background would be in http://path/to/image

--
Anything for removing the main menu from the side menus? So that the only one that is there is for the top? ( sorry for all the questions )

Quote by Meregity
Anything for removing the main menu from the side menus? So that the only one that is there is for the top? ( sorry for all the questions )

Indeed there is.

On the call that is <!--System:Menus:Left-->, change it to <!--System:Menus:Left:Menu--> (that last "Menu" is an argument to ignore any menu named "Menu").

--

[Back to Index]