Password:

Forgot your password?
Not able to change category boxes

Not able to change category boxes
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I've tried several times to alter a Category box with new information. It says it is 'saved' but it never is. I thought okay I'll delete the box and just make a new one ... well it deleted but wouldn't let me creat a new category box.

www.returnfromtheedge.com
What do you mean by a "category box"? Are you referring to a category on your menu, on the forum, or on the schedule? If you could answer that, that would help me to troubleshoot the issue.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
What do you mean by a "category box"? Are you referring to a category on your menu, on the forum, or on the schedule? If you could answer that, that would help me to troubleshoot the issue.

Under Menu Administration, if you click add New Menu Category a box pops up to name and if you want add your own information at the bottom. We had one that we used to list Guild Officers for anyone to see. I went to edit it and it wouldn't let me even though I've had security access to do this. Under the actual Guild Masters Account which I have access to it works just fine but under my Account - Auronani - it does not. I made sure all my security settings were still right and they are. Even under my account on the page it is checked for me to have full administrative privilages. every time i go to change a catergory or add a new one it won't let me.
it is letting me edit certain boxes like the Leadership Information Category boxes but not create new ones or edit the Guild Officers Category box.

edit: playing around a bit it looks like its not letting me edit actual category level menus. I've done this before but as of yesterday I am now incapable. As I'm the only person who administers the site I'm not sure how the change took place as I've not changed any security settings.
Interesting. Thank you for letting me know. Knowing that it lets you edit with the superadmin but not with another account really helps. Thanks, I'll get this fixed asap.

--
Alrighty, give it a shot!

--
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, give it a shot!

Thank you! looks all fixed. I tried editing and creating a new one and both worked.

[Back to Index]