Password:

Forgot your password?
Email Link in Signature

Email Link in Signature
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Support] [Operators]

I am the Guild leader and "website" Manager, i would like to put a link to email me in my signature but it is not working [email=veilbrock@gmail.com]Send a mesage to Veilbrock[/email] it is not generating the link in my sig it reads exactly as above i have bbcode enabled
I'm afraid there isn't an [email] tag in our BBCode system. As it is, there is a slight anti-spam function that rewrites email addresses, though I'm considering taking it out.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I am unsure how others feel but my members are having issues learning how to use the forum lol. I get hour it works i thin kit is great. I am sure they will get it i used your little tutorial was thinking of making one for you tube.
I would like to have an email link in our signatures maybe make it only viewable to members? Not sure if that is possible or not.
i used your little tutorial was thinking of making one for you tube.

That's actually a very good idea! Video tutorials always help

The criteria-based information in posts isn't really currently available (like making certain information in a post available only to certain ranks), but like I said, perhaps a new email tag can be added, along with removing the email filter (I'm honestly not sure how effective it is).

--
Alrighty, I have a brand new email filter built. It's been a problem for a while that has admittedly annoyed me as well.

This new filter is a significant improvement.

Not only is it MORE obscure for email harvesters to read (since it relies on hidden fields in between the text), but it also converts the text into a clickable link for users (as long as Javascript is enabled). Assuming most email harvesters aren't running javascript on each page they crawl for email, this should be an overall improvement.

Here's an example of what's happens to email addresses:

gumm@sigma-star.com

In the raw HTML it gets converted to this:

<span class=bbcemail>
<span class=bbcemailname>gumm</span>
<span class=bbchidden style='display:none'>[deleteme]</span>
<span class=bbcat>&#64;</span>
<span class=bbchidden style='display:none'>[deleteme]</span>
<span class=bbcdomain>sigma-star.com</span>
</span>

This formatting ensures that as long as someone doesn't write a filter explicitly for this site, the general purpose email harvesters won't be able to work them.

Then the site's got some javascript that converts the email address into the clickable link you see above.

So in this case, in your original post, while there still isn't an [email] tag, you can post it like this:

-------
Send Veilbrock an email (veilbrock@gmail.com)
-------

--
lol ok i am lost how do i post it i have tried but no clickable email
Make sure you click the "Reload" button on your browser. It's likely caching the old Javascript file. This is what I see when I look at your sig:

--
OMG i feel like such an idiot when it comes to this stuff thanks again Chops

[Back to Index]