Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Support
Section of the Site Other/Misc
Urgency (1 votes)
Rating (1 votes)
Description:
Aghh im so sorry, but it's very important to me that this gets changed quickly. I just recently purchased a domain and Prior to that I already made the guild... so if you could pls change the Domain of my guild... Da.dkpsystem.com to Praetorians-akama.com I already set it to 208.100.30.200 in the configuration
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Hi

To do this, head to Admin > General Settings > Full Domain Name, then enter the new domain name into that box. That'll make it work for you as you're expecting.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
still not working, do i change the nameservers to DKPsystem.com??? or keep em as they are?

--
Those Who Fear The Dark...Have Never Seen What The Light Can Do
Alrighty, I think I see the problem here. I think the DNS configuration is just taking an extra long time to propogate for you.

When I try to ping just praetorians-akama.com from the servers in chicago, it works, however, from my home, it does not resolve the address.

That said, it looks to me like you don't have a "www" record set up. The easiest way would be to add a new "A Record" with the subdomain being "www" and the IP address being 208.100.30.200

Please let me know if this helps.

Quick question: there's a part on the "A Records" labeled "TTL", what do you have in there for the TTL (or "Time To Live")

--
Aghh this is such a pain in the ass, i just did what you said, and my Cname was already www so i changed it to "Praetorians-akama.com" and for A Record i Changed it to "www"

--
um for TTL it states 1/2 hour

--
Interestingly, I've noticed that from my home, it actually SOMETIMES works and sometimes not. I'm not particularly sure what's causing the problem right now.

I'd like to give you a call tomorrow to help you config, or you can give me a call at 414.940.4866

I'm not exactly sure the cause of the problem here, but I'm sure we'll get it worked out.

--
can i call you now?

--
Okay Chops, I don't know how, but i messed around with it, and it started to work... thank you for being so kind and helpful... and FYI DKPSYSTEM.COM RULES ALL!!!!!

--
Awesome. I'm glad you got it figured out.

I wonder, did you perhaps have more than one "@" or "www" records? That can cause some odd issues if it's not intentional.

But beyond that, I'm really not sure.

--

[Back to Index]