Password:

Forgot your password?
Unable to get transparent imgs to work

Unable to get transparent imgs to work
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Good morning! Just a quick question.I am using photoshop to edit screen shots I take in game from our raids. Typically when you erase a part of the background and save as a gif or png file it supports transparency. The problem I am having is that doing so does not make the erased parts transparent on the website. It is using the erased portions like I painted it there instead of erased it.

Basically I am trying to do something different then just uploading pictures and am trying to get the background on the website to show thru erased parts of an img. Is it a css thing or is it something I am doing wrong in photoshop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Are you uploading your images to the gallery or to the Administrative File uploader? The Gallery converts images to JPG, but the Admin File Uploader keeps the files exactly as they are uploaded.

Could you attach to this thread the transparent files you're attempting to put on your site?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hey Chops, thanks for the quick reply. You know I didn't even think about the admin file uploader. I was just uploading them to the gallery. Let me try this way and if it's a no go I'll attach the img's and go from there
Worked like a charm thanks Chops!
Awesome!

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]