GRSS DKP Downloader not downloading.

GRSS DKP Downloader not downloading.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2
Quote by Chops
When you guys get this error, is it immediately? Or does it happen after about 5 seconds?

I'm looking over the code, and I see that it has a 5 second timeout, which could be causing it.

I have given up doing dkp, Passed it off to a couple officers do to this error.

It dosent matter if I wait 5 sec, an hour, a second. Simply dosent work for me.

I have given up doing dkp, Passed it off to a couple officers do to this error.

It dosent matter if I wait 5 sec, an hour, a second. Simply dosent work for me.

Does the program wait to give the error or does it give an immediate error? If the error is immediate, it's almost always a firewall program (like Norton Internet Security) blocking the requests.

Are you able to access http://voodoo.dkpsystem.com/luadkp.php (it should prompt for a download).

Are you certain that you don't have a firewall program blocking the downloader (this is a very common problem)?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I've had this SAME problem, by accident i found out that if i DON'T have my guilds website open, it downloaded...
Also if i DID have the website open, and the ADMIN page was displayed (obviously if your doing dkp stuff) It didn't download... some error came up.
But if i closed the admin page and was just on the main news page and tried, it worked.

Now i don't know if it will work for you, but it worked for me, and i can actually test it by opening Admin page and trying to download and it doesn't work.

Hopefully you will work it out soon, good luck.

It prompts for a d/l and yes its a immediate error. My firewall is not blocking it I checked. (totally disabled it and tried)

butterlishus may have something, Im going to check that out and get back to you.
(tested with no luck)

Maybe its my router blocking me or even my dsl modem. Ill hafta play around with it and get back to you.
If it's an immediate error, then something is definitely blocking the download in some capacity or another.

The whole "having the admin page open" thing is odd indeed. The GRSS shouldn't use anything from the browser, so the two shouldn't correlate to each other at all. I'll look into that one.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]